Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragonfly Speaker pods, anyone have them?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dragonfly Speaker pods, anyone have them?

How do they look? How didthe instilation go? Since they hold a bigger speaker do they take up more butt room for the passenger?

Old 07-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dragonfly Speaker pods, anyone have them?

ORIGINAL: Akitakoi
How do they look?
I've got them in picture below and you can see part of a close up in the site photo gallery of the same.
IMO I think that they look fine.

How didthe instilation go?
They arrive with no holes. You have the cover material, what ever it is streached and glued. You have to take a sharp exacto or scalpel and cut the main speaker opening. Zero holes are drilled in the back for mounting or wires, or in the front for that matter for fasteners to hold the speaker in place.
So you have to figure all that, and find out what you want to hold the speakers in front. I've used blind nuts with a rubber boot. They slip into a 1/4" hole and the screw Nr 10 as long as you have for the deepth of your blind nut insert rubber boot, and of course the speaker flange / or the grill mounts flange. Then screw the speaker in place. This is last since you will have to drill the backing holes to attach them to the tourpac corners first and run wires.

Since they hold a bigger speaker do they take up more butt room for the passenger?
Can't tell, my passerger/s all have a narrow @$$.
I would have to take a side to side measurement at the dealer from a stock bike and have that compaired to my installation!

I've sent you a PM.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:26 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have them also---had the car audio shop install them with 6 1/2 kenwoods --- don't seem to take up any more room than stock---but I don't sit back there so I really don't know.

I do remember it taking 3 weeks or more to get them---the workmanship is more than decent.

ORIGINAL: Ram

How do they look?
I've got them in picture below and you can see part of a close up in the site photo gallery of the same.
IMO I think that they look fine.

How didthe instilation go?
They arrive with no holes. You have the cover material, what ever it is streached and glued. You have to take a sharp exacto or scalpel and cut the main speaker opening. Zero holes are drilled in the back for mounting or wires, or in the front for that matter for fasteners to hold the speaker in place.
So you have to figure all that, and find out what you want to hold the speakers in front. I've used blind nuts with a rubber boot. They slip into a 1/4" hole and the screw Nr 10 as long as you have for the deepth of your blind nut insert rubber boot, and of course the speaker flange / or the grill mounts flange. Then screw the speaker in place. This is last since you will have to drill the backing holes to attach them to the tourpac corners first and run wires.

Since they hold a bigger speaker do they take up more butt room for the passenger?
I would have to take a side to side measurement at the dealer from a stock bike and have that compaired to my installation!

I've sent you a PM.
[/quote]

Old 07-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL, my main "passenger" is built for comfort, not for speed. Not big, just right.

The pictures helped, thanks.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

They only cost $200, and the HD's are $350, so are they "cheap?" Does their vinyl covering match the HDTP backrest exactly? Is the material of the pod the same as the HD and the same thickness? Do they come with speaker grills and, if so, are they flimsy and does their plastic color match that of the inner fairing? LOL.

If you are concerned with butt room, Pez at HogTunes will sell pods seperately for ~$200 a pair and they hold 5.25" speakers, FWIW. But, are they "cheap" if installed on an HD King TP? Again, LOL.