Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart Slip-Ons

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 07:11 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rinehart Slip-Ons

Can you remove the baffles in these?

Old 07-27-2007, 07:20 AM
RoadKing06
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rinehart Slip-Ons

I recently inquired with BUB and was told that the slip-on do not have a replacement baffles. Meaning, you can't put in the performance baffles on just the slip-ons. The performance baffles are for the full system.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:39 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

yeah, I have heard that you cant take them out but then I thought I read about someone taking them out. Really not wanting to change the baffles just wondering at this point if they will come out.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Rininhoj
Cruiser

Yes they can be taken out. I have had mine appart & painted the baffles due to rusty water on one end cap after washing. You can take them out & put the end caps back on & run like that. Or you can wrap them with packing to lower the noise level. Of course you probably should readjust your fuel system.
Rini

Old 07-27-2007, 04:26 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

good to know......Thanks Bud

Old 07-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for the hijack.

While on the topic of the Rinehart slip-ons do they perform and sound like the Rinehart TD's??? I know performance won't be exactly the same but do they help?? And with stock headers do they still have the Rinehart sound??? Thinking about maybe getting the slip-ons now and add headers later.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:02 PM
SkyDriver
Novice

I think they sound great..06 streetglide here with stock headpipes. Tried SE slipons, first set were dented out of the box..did not notice till installed of course, second pair had weld splatter stuck to the outlet end and chromed over. Then tried wild pigs...good fit...ok sound...did not like the look. Then rinehart..sound good..look good...performance little better than stock but i like them as they look like they belong there. Good luck!

Old 07-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Wags1
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

Sorry for the hijack.

While on the topic of the Rinehart slip-ons do they perform and sound like the Rinehart TD's??? I know performance won't be exactly the same but do they help?? And with stock headers do they still have the Rinehart sound??? Thinking about maybe getting the slip-ons now and add headers later.
They sound great. Not sure what you mean about performance. If you want performance you need to go with a 2 into 1 system. You will pay a performance "penalty", particularly in low end torque, with true duals. The stock headers with the slip ons will perform better than true duals. If you want true duals fine, but do so for appearance, heat, and sound, not for performance.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wags1

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

Sorry for the hijack.

They sound great. Not sure what you mean about performance. If you want performance you need to go with a 2 into 1 system. You will pay a performance "penalty", particularly in low end torque, with true duals. The stock headers with the slip ons will perform better than true duals. If you want true duals fine, but do so for appearance, heat, and sound, not for performance.
I didn't mean performance as I was looking for a performance pipe. I menat more do they "act" just like the Rinerhart TD's when using them with the stock headers. My biggest concern with these is will they sound just like the TD's (sound quality and sound level) with stock headers and when and if I add aftermarket headers.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:57 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

IMO the Rineharts just plain sound good, no matter what kind of head pipes you are running. You can get the slip ons and run them on your stock pipes but they wont sound quite as good as if they are running on a true dual set up. You cant get Rineharts true dual head pipes later and run the slip ons they are different sizes. You can get another type of true dual head pipe at a latter time or run a conversion on your stock head pipe. Look at www.fullsac.com