Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revenge Cycle Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 01:03 AM
phdhd
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revenge Cycle Wheels

Hi All,
I have been attempting to install a set of Revenge Cycle 80 spoke laced wheels on my 06 FLHX.A 21 x 3.5 in the front and a 18x 3.5 in the rear. The front is is on. The rear is giving me fits. The Revenge Cyclepart number is 06-183. The first wheel that was saidto fit was a 06-140. The best alignment I could attain where the brake rotor and belt pulley were correctly aligned ended up with the rim and tire being offset about a 1/4 inch to the left. It is obviousfrom the rear view it is not centered. FL touring bikes have their rearwheel centered. I discovered through my own research that the correct part number is a 06-183 and confirmed this with Revenge Cycle. They also said that they have a relationship with an HD dealer and that they tried all there whEels on the bikes listed for correct fitment at this dealer and they were all checked and cleared by the dealer for correct fitment. So Iworked with the dealer where I originally purchased the wheels and to there credit ordered the correct "06-183".Itook the06-140wheel to the dealer and before I had the tireand wheel switched over I checked the measured offset and the new correct 06-183 wheel has the same exact offset as the old 06-140 wheel. I left it all at the dealer for my parts guy to look at when he comes back from vacation. These wheels are, according to Revenge Cycle Guaranteed OEM Fitment. It states that on there site also. I really want to run the wheel. Has anyone dealt with this? These wheels are sealed for tubeless tires. I could remove the sealant and adjust the spokes to get the correct offset but I would like to avoid that if possible.Thanks in advance for any feedback