Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle Slipons????

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 04:13 PM
rzbigdog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screamin Eagle Slipons????

I have a new 07 street glide that I want to put some mufflers on.What model will give my scoot a better sound without having to use fuel mgmt and air cleaner upgrades?
And will I notice a big diff in the sound over the stock muffs.I just want to get rid of that stock sound and add some tone and throatier sounds.But if its not going to be much of a diff from stock I will just keep the sock mufflers on.I dont want to get into changing the air cleaner and race tuners and all that.Thanks,Ray

Old 07-26-2007, 06:30 PM
jack49
Road Captain
Default RE: Screamin Eagle Slipons????

Friend took his RK in for dyno tune.
Guy doing the tuning said all the SE mufflers are junk,if
you're looking for a performance gain.

Don't shoot the messenger,just his opinion.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Iron Maiden
Advanced

I'm not a mechanic but I've been around these things long enough to know I'd put on a fuel management system and dyno tune it even without any modifications. I'd have to agree with jack49 and wouldn't even consider the SE slip-ons. I have the Rush 2.75 and love'em! I personally like them better than the Rineharts but that's just my opinion and you know how that goes ...

Go to the dealer and hang on for a while listening to the different pipes ... ask everyone else what they've done. Talking with other riders is partly what this is all about. Good luck!

Old 07-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Spartan
Road Captain

The SE slipons are much better than stock but there are manybetter choices out there. The V&H Ovals have a sweet sound, are not too loud but will bark when you get on it.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:40 PM
nujohn
Tourer

RUSH 1.75 great sound not too loud with alittle bit when you get on it They'll hear you coming when you come down the road

Old 07-27-2007, 02:28 PM
hartick
Tourer

im with Spartan. i had the SE slip ons and after 400 miles switched to the ovals. if you want a cheap pair of SE's let me know. i can get to them in about a week, im still moving.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:08 PM
FLHTCUI05
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Afriend of mine bought the slipons and they do not sound much different from stock. At least I don't think so.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Easyglide
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with the Screamin Eagle slash cut down street performance Slipons and the stage one. I was not looking for a material horsepower or torque gain, although I did gain in both areas (about 5 hp and 8 - 9 ft in torque, based on the dyno results.

But what I did get is a little louder sound (little was all I wanted). I A/B tested all the SE pipes against stock bikes and the slash cuts were just a little louder. It is true that some of the SE pipes sound almost like stock --some even quieter than stock to me.

But the SE slash cut version did the trick for me. I may want them louder some day, but for now, I'm happy.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed the SE touring slip ons this week and the sound is definitely louder than stock. These are the new ones, the 07A's. Along with the Stage 1, I'm very pleased with the sound now.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:59 PM
sanaga
Road Captain

i have use Screamin eagle slip on....if dont find loud, then its the pipe.....
if u like loud, go thunder header .....like me......thunder header will make our bike's sound meaner and more HDist.....

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle Slipons????