Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle Slipons????

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 06:55 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Screamin Eagle Slipons????

I have the SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers and really like them. I've had them for about 7k miles, and the sound has gotten more pronounced and deeper as the packing settled in. I am really impressed with them. Without a high-flow intake and ECM update (download or aftermarket) I don't think you're going to notice a significant power increase. But if you are looking mostly for sound improvement, this is a great option. These particular mufflers require that you also purchase end caps, which are offered in a variety of styles. I had the V&H Oval Slip-Ons at one time, but they were just a little too loud for me. The SE's really fit the bill - I can hear them, but they don't scare the neighbors.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:31 AM
billybobsrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 06 S E Slip on Performance Touring Mufflers (formerly made for Harley & now sold by Supertrapp)on my 97 Road King and they are loud. I've heard that the slash down S E Street Performance Touring Mufflers are louder than the two piece, but you'll find many opions on this forum and sometimes end up more confused than when you started. Buying & changing pipes is exspencive, so you really need to take your time, hang out at the dealership and listen to some pipes before you decide. If you find the S E Street Performance Touring Pipes are to quiet for your taste, you may want to look & listen to a set of Rush mufflers witha 1.75" baffle (just another opinion).

Old 07-28-2007, 07:55 AM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 900 miles on my SE street performance slip-ons, went "piston " end caps. The continue to improve with age, under 3000 not much louder than stock , lets me hear the tunes fine, over 3000 a wonderful deep growl.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:00 AM
exracer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers. With the stock mufflers I could hear the engine running when goingthrough the gears and it sounded stupid to me, like one cylinder wasn't firing or something. With the SE mufflers I can here the exhaust bark just right when going through the gears but when I settle down to any cruising speed it's just a mild rumble barely more than stock so I don't need earplugs and I can hear the stereo just the same as before. Here in canada they were $459 plus $39 to put them on and if you do it within 60 days of buying the bike they can be registered as being part of the waranty, for 7 years in my case. I never priced out the aftermarket stuff exactly but about $1500 to $2000 which includes pipes, computer stuff, air cleaner,finding someone to do the work, dynoing to get it set up right, possibly gettting hassled at the dealer for voiding the warranty. The SE's work for me.

07 Ultra