Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 05:34 PM
bdjhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Satellite Radio

ORIGINAL: bdjhog

I bought a motorcycle mount for my Sirius Starmate Replay on Ebay. It clamps onto the handlebar wherever you want it. I put mine right next to the left side controls and ran the wires down along the handlebar for the power and antenna. Looks clean and is in a perfect position for changing channels, ect.
Someone asked me to see some pics of the set up I made piecing it together from items obtained on Ebay.

Here's the main piece which is a clamp style mount that fits 1" handlebars. I had to buy the quick release bracket for my Starmate Reply separately, also bought on Ebay.

Here's a pic with the radio mounted to it. The wires run along with the hand control wires down to the fairing. This winter I plan to run them through the handlebars along with the rest of the wires.

A close up shot from the riders seat

And lastly a shot from behind the bike

I was able to pick up a second power cord and antenna on Ebay as well so I can easily move the radio between my bike and my car. Unfortunately I don't not remember the sellers Ebay member name but a simple search for "Sirius motorcycle mount" should find it.