Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway Pegs, whats your pick?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 08:35 PM
J2X
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

These are HD highway pegs. Don't have the SKU number.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:31 PM
tcatnat
Road Master
Received 135 Likes on 98 Posts

I just put on a set of Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Highway Pegs and I really like them. They are extremely adjustable and I'm still working on the 'perfect' position.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:47 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 130 Posts

Here's what I use, Jon. It's Kuryakyn. I got it without that toe bar. I hooked it to the crash bar with the long Harley bar, and I put that heel thing just outside the floorboard. I was never comfortable with my feet up, so I use it to put my toes on. Just a different position for my feet on the floorboards, and it worked for me. If you wanna put your feet up more, just get them with the toe bar, set it higher on the crash bar, and you can put your feet up higher. If you don't like it like that, just lower them, and put your toes out on the heel part. That's what was most comfortable for me.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:48 PM
SWFLGuy
Road Warrior
Received 1,214 Likes on 599 Posts

I use the HD 360 mounts and streamliner pegs. I’ve come to the conclusion that one of my legs is shorter than the other.
The sweet spot seems to move occasionally. I’m looking for some different pegs possibly to accommodate.
I like the idea of the ones that hold the heel also but I don’t know that I trust aftermarket finishes so much. I wish H-D made them..

Old 07-27-2020, 09:56 PM
Turbomunkey
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Architect
I have had Jack Knife highway pegs on my Road Glide for at least 10 years, my go to foot position when cranking out the miles. Very different than the floor boards, it gives your legs a chance to stretch out and also changes the pressure points on your back side, which is a huge benefit on a long day. You want the kicker peg for easy deployment when riding. I recommend 100%. When not in use they fold up under the boards which to me looks better than the pegs up in the highway bar.

http://imtnebraska.com/products/imt-...ghway-peg.html
This interests me. My biggest questions are what kind of clearance do you get for turns and how hard is it to fold it in/out when on the road?

Old 07-27-2020, 10:12 PM
UrbanRunner
Road Master

Received 372 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
Here's what I use, Jon. It's Kuryakyn.
I used to have a pair of these Kuryakyn's on my Dyna. I've now switched to these from Joker Machine and like them better:

So far I've found that the floorboards with no heel shifter allow me enough room to move around on and be comfortable on the Electra Glide and haven't installed highway pegs on it.

Old 07-28-2020, 05:55 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,424 Likes on 2,765 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbomunkey
This interests me. My biggest questions are what kind of clearance do you get for turns and how hard is it to fold it in/out when on the road?
With the "Kicker Peg" they just push out with the heel of your boot, pull them back in with the back of your boot, super easy. I do take them off every cuple of years to grease everythign up, being under the floor boards they get all the road debris in them. 5 minute jub, just maintenance.

In 95% of road conditions, clearance is not an issue. On a tight on/off ramp or riding in the twisties I will pull them in, but since that takes about 3 seconds not a big deal. I have never had the peg hit the road, it is the heel of your boot that touches first, that is when you know it is time to pull them in.

The following users liked this post:
Turbomunkey (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 09:01 AM
gpeade
Tourer
Received 96 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 470004
Harley's Long Angle Adjustable Higway Peg Mount:

Harley's Mini Floorboard-Large:

For me personally I do like these mounting brackets. My bike had the same ones but short models. There isn't much adjustability. Once I got the peg at a distance I wanted it was sitting all sideways simply because of how its mounts. I had a set of the kuryakyn offsets like below and mounted them with the same bracket below just with different pegs. The adjustability is endless with this combination.

Originally Posted by tcatnat
I just put on a set of Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Highway Pegs and I really like them. They are extremely adjustable and I'm still working on the 'perfect' position.

Last edited by gpeade; 07-28-2020 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:04 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,176 Likes on 4,387 Posts

I mounted and adjusted mine, so I could use the peg only... or the foot board and peg....

I put my whole boot on the peg for a change in seating position, but I mostly keep my heel on the footboard and my foot on the peg to just move things around a bit...

Old 07-30-2020, 01:26 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

HD Large cushioned rubber pegs. Use them fo passenger too.

Quick Reply: Highway Pegs, whats your pick?