Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with cop bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007 | 06:05 AM
Tman
|
Cruiser
Default Help with cop bike

Hi All!

I have a friend who has a 01 FLH PI, he bought a cop seat off ebay and we are trying to install on the bike. Please excuse the crappy phone pictures.

if you can see it, the back of the bracket is about 1.25 to far away from where it is suppose to attach.

I think its hooked up right, the bolts appear to be in the right spot.

Is there any way to adjust the bottom rack? We have all the factory manuals (including the police)

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Old 07-24-2007 | 08:37 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: Help with cop bike

The tour pak rack appears to be mounted in the wrong front mounting hole; it needs to be mounted with a bolt using the threaded hole immediately behind the shock absorber.

It's been a while since I removed my air seat and other hardware, but the lower chrome bar that the license plate support bracket mounts to with two bolts is the easier to locate with its two attaching bolts on each side; and, it probably hasnever been removed from the bike.

An easyway to tell if the upper bracket is mounted correctly is to reinstall the chrome fenderstrut covers; those are the chrome pieces that have a cut-out on each side to accommodate the forward mounting portion of the tour pak rack. If the upper bracket to mount the tour pak is mounted correctly, the fender strut cover will mount correctly; if not, it won't.