Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourer Training Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007 | 01:18 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master
Default RE: Tourer Training Wheels

ORIGINAL: gene01

well, I don't want someone (including myself someday) who cannot stabalize their bike riding next to me on a mountain road at 40 miles an hour hitting me because the bike weighs too much for them to control, if they want to ride, maybe they need to go back to a sportster or a bike that does not weigh in at 800+ pounds without a rider or personal property....... or what none of us ever want to a cage.... I if knowing that I might lose control would not take the risk to myself or others if I felt that I was a menace/unsafe to control my ride.
Again I will ask, howare the folks that have these systems installed even coming close to "not being able to stabilize thier bike riding next to you on a mountian road at 40 miles per hour" ????

All these systems do is provide a bit of aide in carrying the weight WHEN STOPPED, and provide some extra stability.

One of my riding bro's has a right leg prothestesis (fake legg) that goes from his knee tothe ground. He rides aEG, and that man would ride circles aroundmajority of riders.

His ONLY problem while riding is stopping, he has to be very careful of the places he chooses to stop the bike because of the foot placement needs.

We have kicked around the idea ofsome of these systems, a side hack, or going with a trike.

It is because of these disscussions that I spent the time to run out to Johnstown HD and talk with them and test ride a bike with the Voyager, since they are a dealer in that system.

And to be quite honest with you, my experiance with the test ride and the advantages of the Voyager system for some of MY riding needs has got me thinking of getting one for my Ultra also.

And so you know it, I can handle my bike quite easily, have no health needs for such a system, but still see where it could be an advantage on long Highway trips tugging a trailer behind the bike.

Old 07-25-2007 | 01:29 PM
Todd T
Tourer
Default RE: Tourer Training Wheels

My observation has been most of the trikes and training wheelers around here are because the couple riding it collectively outweighs the bike. I take pride in being in shape, fit and healthy enough to enjoy life without the perils of self overindulgence.