Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourer Training Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007 | 02:16 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master
Default RE: Tourer Training Wheels

Did you know...........

That with the Voyager setup you can revert back to TWO WHEELS in just under five minutes???

That with the Voyager setup you can tow a trailer and the "pull" is from the CENTER of your frame and not the rear fender assembly??

Check them out http://www.mtcvoyager.com/

I was at Zebca HD in Johnstown PA, and the Owners Dad has a Voyager setup on his Road King.
Older gentleman that has had some nasty health problems and the Voyager was a "gift" from the techs in the his shop so he could still ride.

Old 07-24-2007 | 02:24 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Jim Craig, who manages the motorcycle service division of the fleet at the Pittsburgh Police Department, says, “Our motorcycles are used 365 days a year. Using the Voyager is seen as a great way to extend solo riding through Pittsburgh's winter season.”

Old 07-24-2007 | 02:31 PM
bonz50
Cruiser

try these ones...

http://www.safetyfeatures.com/index.html

still allows two wheel riding at the flick of a switch

Old 07-24-2007 | 03:23 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master

I need some of those with quick-disconnects. Leave them in the garage for normal riding and pin them on the bikewhen I'm heading for the tavern.

Old 07-24-2007 | 03:32 PM
RoadKing62
Ultimate HDF Member

While driving south of Boston towards Cape Cod, in traffic saw big Harley with a side car. The interesting thing was hanging off the bike, maybe tied to on the back rest was a folding wheel chair. Never did get to pull along side or pass him. But had to mentally tip my hat to him!

Old 07-24-2007 | 04:44 PM
gene01
Road Captain

if I am as bad off as you need to be to be using one of these set ups, I want someone to steal my bikes place me in a car or get me a cab, I should not be on the road for my safety and the safety of others, I would need to give up my freedom of self transportation..... it looks stupid too!!!!!

Old 07-24-2007 | 04:50 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Kinda ironic that you would say such a thing............

ORIGINAL: gene01

if I am as bad off as you need to be to be using one of these set ups, I want someone to steal my bikes place me in a car or get me a cab, I should not be on the road for my safety and the safety of others, I would need to give up my freedom of self transportation..... it looks stupid too!!!!!

and then have a signature line of ...............

Every day on a Harley is a great day!!

Old 07-24-2007 | 05:00 PM
gene01
Road Captain

well, every day that you can still ride a Harley is a wonderful day, I am a realist, if I am not safe enough riding a full dresser Harley , then I should not be on one, if I am going to endanger myself or others as I cannot handle the bike I need to be on foot, like it or not

Old 07-24-2007 | 05:06 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: gene01

well, every day that you can still ride a Harley is a wonderful day, I am a realist, if I am not safe enough riding a Harley , then I should not be on it, if I am going to endanger myself or others as I cannot handle the bike I need to be on foot, like it or not
I am still trying to figure out where the folks using these systems (like the Pittsburgh Police) or some folks with health problems that may need the extra help have become UNSAFE.

Old 07-24-2007 | 05:24 PM
gene01
Road Captain

well, I don't want someone (including myself someday) who cannot stabalize their bike riding next to me on a mountain road at 40 miles an hour hitting me because the bike weighs too much for them to control, if they want to ride, maybe they need to go back to a sportster or a bike that does not weigh in at 800+ pounds without a rider or personal property....... or what none of us ever want to a cage.... I if knowing that I might lose control would not take the risk to myself or others if I felt that I was a menace/unsafe to control my ride.

Quick Reply: Tourer Training Wheels