Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has added the lower fairing to there bikes

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007 | 09:02 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Who has added the lower fairing to there bikes

I have them on my SG with the quick detach kit, so I can pop them on and off with no tools in less than 10 minutes. They are also vented. I took them off the first day I put the quick detach kit on, took off down the highway about 10 miles, turned around put them back on, and don't see taking them off again. I keep the vents open when it's hot, but honestly, don't even see the heat as an issue. I think they look REALLY good and complete the bike, particiularly on Street and Road Glides for some reason, but mostly it really changes the entire riding experience. Everything gets much smoother. I can't imagine riding a bike without them now.

Old 07-23-2007 | 10:50 PM
wldbill
Road Master

Here's a pic of a really nice looking RK I saw last weekend.

Old 07-23-2007 | 11:04 PM
jefkat2
Road Master

I added lowers to my 2007 FLHTC and had them color matched. The new 2008 parts catalog has quick disconnects for them which will fit .

2007 FLHTC

Old 07-24-2007 | 03:07 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

Update/Followup

I rode 200 miles today in 90* heat with high humidity and the lowers definitely increased the heat level in the rider space to the point of being uncomfortable. I expect I will take them off in the coming weeks and reinstall them in September....But reading many of these replies makes me think I should look into putting the vent kits in; because it does definitely smooth out the ride.

Old 07-24-2007 | 08:45 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member

I took my lowers off for a day the summer after I got the Ultra. Put them back on right away. Kept getting hit with bugs and rocks, etc. I can't tell any difference in heat on or off. This year, I added the Kuryakin saddle heat shields. I think they deflect the air passing by the engine away from my legs. I rode back from Las Vegas last Saturday in102 heat, and it wasn't bad at all. I put my gloved hand under the heat shields once and there wasa lot of hot air under there. Maybe the air being channeled by the lowers past the engine just need to be deflected away from the legs?[sm=boink3.gif]

Old 07-25-2007 | 05:26 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member

I've installed the H-D vented lowers, same as on the Ultra. Man what a difference they make. I don't plan on taking them off.

Old 10-31-2007 | 08:35 AM
Jhorton
Advanced

So these lowers will mount on a factory crash bar? I have a 2005 FLHTCI with factory bar. I was wondering if these lowers would fit. I will be looking for some in Lava Red now.

Old 10-31-2007 | 10:56 AM
old95
Road Captain

I added lowers to my classic, but honestly they are a waste, really don't do much,& I took them off, not interested in them on any future bike, just my opinion.

Old 10-31-2007 | 12:04 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member

Put them in the classifieds and sell them

Old 10-31-2007 | 03:19 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

ORIGINAL: old95

I added lowers to my classic, but honestly they are a waste, really don't do much,& I took them off, not interested in them on any future bike, just my opinion.
What color are they and would you consider selling them. I'm in Michigan and could really use something.

Quick Reply: Who has added the lower fairing to there bikes