Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road king batwing fairing

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 09:56 AM
blue06flhri
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Road king batwing fairing

Im sure this topic has been done time and time again but I did do a search and I got a bunch of random stuff using everything related to fairing. So here it goes. I want a batwing faring. Im not going to do factory because I dont need all the gauges and whatnot and the cost im sure will be quite hefty. All I want is a radio and a couple speakers for music. I have seen a few and some look very similar but they look like they lean too far forward when mounted and to me looks terrible. The closest one surprisingly I found that sits close to factory is Tsuyaku. Tell me what you have with pics preferably of the side view to help me find something I like. Not having them physically here to try them on sucks so this is the next best thing. Thanks

Old 04-24-2020, 10:48 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,627 Likes on 1,162 Posts

I'm not familiar with the Tsukayu brand but I have the Dead Center fairing. To me it looks the closest to the factory (pre-Rushmore) fairing. I think many of the RK fairings lean a little forward as it has to clear the bars. The bars on the glides are bent at the base to clear the fairing. Here are some pics of mine, but only one I have of the side.

The Dead Center fairings has their own audio, but I think they can work with you if you have your own. I'm not much on gauges or audio, so I have the plain-Jane version.

The following users liked this post:
CrimSonami (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 10:50 AM
blue06flhri
Advanced

ya that looks much better then others i have seen. thanks

Old 04-24-2020, 11:30 AM
UltraDuff
Cruiser
Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up Tsuyaku Fairing

I have the Tsuyaku fairing on my 2014 Road King. It's freakin' awesome. It comes with a 300 watt amp/300 watt 6x9 speakers that are hooked up to my zumo 665. It's very loud and sound quality is great. I can cruise down the interstate at 80+ and with ear plugs and half helmet hear it perfectly. It's even pretty good wearing a full face with ear plugs. The storage compartment in the front is great for sunglasses, etc. You can also hook up your phone to it if you want to use that for tunes/nav. I had it color matched and it was $1200. The only recommendation I would make is to upgrade to the four channel amp if you want to run some extra speakers. I'm fine with two, but might upgrade down the line. If I were to order the replacement amp, it's only $100. The other thing is that this is a one piece fairing. If you get it, order a couple of extra windshields in different heights because there are no aftermarket ones. They have flat three bolt attachment. I ordered a couple extra after the fact. Again, no big deal, they're $80 or 90 each. The volume control goes on your left grip and is easy to use.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Duff

Stevemanus (03-17-2021)
Old 04-24-2020, 11:36 AM
blue06flhri
Advanced

you see on the website it says fiberglass and on a video is says plastic like you said so i was confused. it was one of the very few that looked like it was tilted up. From the images I saw the tsuyaku looked like is sat very similar to the one the other guy posted in here. How is the quality of the windshields. Its a bummer that they dont fit the harley ones because those would be easy to get. How tall are you and what height windshield did you get?

Old 04-24-2020, 11:47 AM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Friend ordered that Tsuyaku fairing for his RK and loved it!

Old 04-24-2020, 11:48 AM
blue06flhri
Advanced

Nice and they are so much cheaper then the others.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:05 PM
6speed51
Road Captain
Received 100 Likes on 53 Posts

Woody's Fairing,

empowered01 (05-25-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 12:23 PM
blue06flhri
Advanced

Do you know if those take harley windscreens or are they specific to his fairing

Old 04-24-2020, 12:51 PM
skyhawk940
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I had a Quadzilla on my last RK and the buffeting was terrible. Don't miss it. My 03 Electra Glide came with the factory one and it's so much better!

Quick Reply: Road king batwing fairing