Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

passenger suing me.over accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:12 PM
nightglide
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: passenger suing me.over accident

hell yea they are going to sue you and your ins. they know the ins will settle, that is where the $$$ is....

thats why you let NO ONE on your bike sept wife and kids. IN YOUR CASE 2 accidents now I would let NO ONE on back

Old 07-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Todd T
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe he should draw up some form of waiver to have signed prior to climbing aboard and then put all his assests into a living trust.

Then they can sue the pants off him and HIS estate can just buy him another pair

Old 07-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Sreynold1
Tourer

ORIGINAL: bikergirl40

ORIGINAL: beemer737

Baddady, glad your doing better.

Bikergirl40, a deer running out in front of you is actually considered an act of God. But you better hit it as I found out once, by swerving and missing it, any follow on damage is was all my fault, If I had tagged the deer, I would not have been at fault. Funny how Geico uses those damn squirrels running in the road and then they laugh as the car swerves to avoid. Guess what, it's the drivers fault. if I see two squirrels, thier pancakes...
I neverknew that a deer running in front of you was consideredan "act ofGod". I always thought an act of God was stuff like a lightening strike, or a tree falling on your car, hail damage. If that description applies to a wild animal like a Deer, then it would probably apply to all critters (Dogs, squirrels, etc). Wouldn't you still need collision coverage whether you hit an animal or the ditch?

Whether ornot you are at fault or not, if you swerveto miss an critter and have an unpset and ultimately a claim, you havewhat is called in Insurance lingo...an occurance. Enough for them to spikeyour rates for a while. Jerks!

Animal hits are considered comprehensive claims and are not chargeable accidents. Comp is also rocks, wind, hail, fire, theft etc. Collision is you crashing into any item that is not listed as comp on a policy. Collisionis also someone crashing into youeven if it is a hit and run.Most companies don't consider it chargeableif you complete a police report.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:01 PM
kman780
Cruiser

That sucks to hear. Not too much you can do, just make sure you insurance company covers you. Glad your OK.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is what insurance is for. As the driver you are responsible for your passengers safety (in any vehicle), plain and simple. Too bad that you wrecked your bike and that you and your passenger were injured, but you have to take responsibility. If you don't have good enough insurance, unfortunately you will pay for it.