Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

passenger suing me.over accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 05:56 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: passenger suing me.over accident

That is why my wife and kids only get on my scoot. Sorry this is happening to you. Hope all turns out welll for you.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its the insurance job to handle that kind of crap. Let them run with it. It should cost you a dime. It will most likely get thrown out or non-suited. IMO, any and everything you get from the passenger side, send it directly to your insuance company. Let me tell you, these insurance companys have good defense lawyers this day an age.You try and sue your own insurance company, you don't stand much a chance.

Gall of some scukers just wanting to make a buck off anything. These days you can about get sued for looking the wrong way!

I'm glad you survived the accident. Sorry to here the passenger is putting you through this kind of garbage.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:28 AM
amstaffs
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is messed up glad you are ok. My moto is ride at own risk but others are seem to be after a fast buck. And then people wonder why everyone pay suck hige insurance premiums.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:36 AM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Craziest thing I've heard in a while. Takes "litigious society" to a new level.

Peace,

ORIGINAL: dawg

Someone you knew real well, or just someone you gave a ride to? Sounds typical to me....passengers in accidents sue the driver in a lot of crashes. If you want to hear something messed up, here's a scenario for ya that is going on right now in my town.....older couple that had been married for several years get into an accident because he ran a stop sign and got sideswiped, both he and her die. The kids are suing his estate on behalf of her estate to collect $1million wrongful death insurance money.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:42 AM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seams these days more and more people are looking for a free ride in life. Like posted before leave it to your insurance company to handle. Like I was taught when I was young there are three groups of people you should never trust when it comes to money Bankers, Lawyers & Doctors.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:44 AM
B dog
Banned

ORIGINAL: baddaddy

how about this one
pedisrtian jaywalks on busy 4 lane hiway
I force bike dont between traffic to not run her
silly 16 y/o ***.... and my passenger sues me
for damages...from some hopped up biker lawyer...
wheres the justice in that,,, shouldnt your be responsible
once you get on the bike.? i been riding 34 years...
2nd accident other one was 4 legged variety ..deer..
one bike 2002 RG..... 64,000...miles (one bike)
btw i missed the girl i cant take some one out ,no matter how
stupid they are,,, .....passenger head injurys,,, not good...
a few stictches and some head trauma.....me
2 broken bones 14 screws and 28 stictches... riding now at
7 weeks... a f ew miles a day,....
whatdya think of that i aint taking no one for a free ride no more...!

First and formost ....LEARN TO TYPE . Guess whoever wasnt as good a friend as you thought , but theres a lot of
Variables here. Her doctor bills, Time off from work. Rehab. She incurred a lot of cost also so don’t be to pissed. I find it strange why she would go after you because you were covered with insurance and if the person you dodged had insurance they should of covered you also. Guess your pretty loaded. If your truly being sued, I would first look to what your being sued for and if she has already reached a settlement with your insurance company. Remember, a lot of these law suits come to nothing. They try to scare you into settlement.
We would love a lot more details on this subject before passing judgement. I know if you were riding my daughter and you were negligent in your actions and damaged her psychically , I would be after you also in a BIG way. There’s a huge responsibility when riding a passenger. FIRST AND FORMOST make sure your covered as much as possible with your insurance. Here’s another thing. If you have auto coverage, check and see if you have uninsured or under insured motorist. Her attorney has to go after your insurance first. Good luck

Old 07-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Uncle Peepers
Road Warrior
Received 916 Likes on 431 Posts

As a former lawyer myself, I will tell you that any lawyer worth his salt will sue everyone he can think of; that's just the nature of the job. Since your insurance company has deep pockets, and most pedestrians don't carry idiot insurance, you were it. Nothing personal. Sadly, it's just life in the United States.
Uncle Peepers

Old 07-22-2007, 07:59 AM
rottnutz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how about this one

Sorry to hear about your accident. What I think about before I take anyone is my responsibility for them should anything happen. Which anything can and will happen. Same as in a car, you have the responsibility for their safety as well. No matter how it looks for the suit, as you said, she is screwed up pretty bad and needs care. I know anyone with their loved one facing that would sue in a heart beat. I know many said it was screwed up, but they would go after anyone they thought was at fault. You said it was her responsibility, but I don't know of any state that would support that. YOU assume the responsibility for her safety, you had the last say, were the operator and control and made all the decisions, thus the responsibility.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:37 AM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: B dog

how about this one

First and formost (foremost)....LEARN TO TYPE . Guess whoever wasnt as good a friend as you thought , but theres (there are) a lot of
Variables here. Her doctor bills, Time off from work. Rehab. She incurred a lot of cost also so don’t be to pissed. I find it strange why she would go after you because you were covered with insurance and if the person you dodged had insurance they should of covered you also. Guess your pretty loaded. If your (you're) truly being sued, I would first look to what your being sued for and if she has already reached a settlement with your insurance company. Remember, a lot of these law suits come to nothing. They try to scare you into settlement.
We would love a lot more details on this subject before passing judgement. I know if you were riding my daughter and you were negligent in your actions and damaged her psychically , I would be after you also in a BIG way. There’s a huge responsibility when riding a passenger. FIRST AND FORMOST (foremost) make sure your covered as much as possible with your insurance. Here’s another thing. If you have auto coverage, check and see if you have uninsured or under insured motorist. Her attorney has to go after your insurance first. Good luck
Before you correct someone, make sure you are correct.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:29 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

At least on my carI increased the liability part,it was cheap.Amazingly they will seattle for what insurance will paybut if youhave a good j.o.b they might turn around and go after you too. (not fare[:@]) Im not a laywer but was told about this.

Quick Reply: passenger suing me.over accident