Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunes and speakers for Road King Classic

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:56 PM
mfindell
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tunes and speakers for Road King Classic

OK! I must confess up front that my husband has a 2007 Street Glide that I have an issue with.....I covet his radio. He added Hog tune speakers and it rocks. Well I neeeeeeeeeeed tunes. I love my Road King but want to hear music. Is there any way to put speakers and radio on the RK without looking goofy. I would like to add a fairing but don't want to spend $1600.00. Any suggestions??? Pictures of your added radios would be nice. My husband posts on here too and he has directed me to this site to gain knowledge from the masses!

Old 07-21-2007, 10:06 PM
notorious
Road Captain
Default RE: Tunes and speakers for Road King Classic

Welcome, I recall one guy on these forumsinstalled a radio/CD in his bags. You may want to do a search for a little more info just to get you going.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:14 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Friend has tried many aftermarket units and some were good till about 60-70 mph - We just got back from the Hollister Rally and he had a DragonFly Concept Fairing W\Stereo and now I can hear his tunes at 90 riding behind him (lol)... But colormatched was over $2000.00

Have seen units installed in the Saddlebags with the speakers facing forward... But ya loose any & all storage...

I used a MP3 player and ear buds on my RKC... Worked for me...

Might check this site out... http://www.mmi.org/merrington/radio.html

Old 07-21-2007, 10:21 PM
LeeFLHX
Advanced

Go to http://www.customdynamics.com/2_whee...s_speakers.htm and check out some of the 2 wheel tunes options. Not the cheapest but IMO the smallest best performing and clean set up I've seen. Had a set up on my wide glide where I mounted the speakers on the wind shield frame and the amp in the saddlebag. The speakers are small and LOUD believe it or not. You may want to look at the dock and rock set up as another alternative.

Lee

Old 07-22-2007, 01:22 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

6x9s (facing the wheels) and amp in the bags IPOD or other mp3 device on the console---he will turn his off once he hears yours---any car audio shop can do this

this will cost you space in the bags---but if you want nice sound

Old 07-22-2007, 09:23 AM
IceHeritage
Road Master

A Riding Buddy put the Speakers and Amp in the Saddlebags and hollowed out some front spots and added speakers in the front, and Now i just ride within6 feet of him and we can both listen to his music all the way up to 100mph

Old 07-22-2007, 09:49 AM
HDChloe
Road Captain

Check out the Dock and Rock from 2 Wheel Tunes. My wife has a set on her Heritage Softail and it seriously sounds great. Best upgrade made 2 her bike IMO.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:01 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

mfindell ,,,,,,,

while the J&M self amplified handlebar speakers pasted below won't put out quite as much sound to your ears at speed, as your hubby's Street Glide Fairing, I think you will find them to be the best available for your Road King ,,,, in these photos they are mounted onour own 100th aniversary edition RK ,,,, JMJOHN ,,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,

Self-amplified Chrome Handlebar Mounted Speaker Kit

MHAS-2005

These self amplified powerhouses are virtually hand built in our factory in Tucson.

The amplifier circuits that are installed into the base of the speaker housings put out well in excess of 25 watts each and are sealed in epoxy to provide complete weather proofing.

Not only powerful, the amplifier circuits have been specially tuned for the high gain levels necessary to amplify even the smallest of Walkman/MP3-type or portable satellite radio music devices.

Left speaker side mounted volume up/down control switches provide for ease of use and convenience while riding.

The speaker cones are also waterproof and will provide many years of service without damage from the weather.

A top quality chrome finish is applied to the speaker housings as well as the mounting brackets for beauty and durability.

The speakers connect directly to your bike's 12V electrical system (no batteries are needed except for your personal music device) and all necessary wiring, mounting hardware and installation instructions are included.

The MHAS-2005 speakers are the best performing handlebar mounted speakers you can buy anywhere, at any price. You won't be disappointed!

Old 07-22-2007, 11:22 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd hold off on Two Wheel Tunes.Appaerently the company was just bought out and is undergoing transition. I'm waiting from them to replace an amp that blew out a channel after 2 weeks. They told me they would replace it but had to wait a few weeks due to thetransition.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

the quick release fairing is the ticket. not only does it provide the wind protection, change the looks and allow different windshield hights/colors- it has the tunes.

how about the road tech handle bar system through HD?

Quick Reply: Tunes and speakers for Road King Classic