Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunes and speakers for Road King Classic

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Bobberino
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tunes and speakers for Road King Classic

I totally AGREE

Old 07-22-2007, 05:24 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could mount an I-Pod on your bar run the cable under your tank to the front of the seat and when you're on it just plug your headset into it and when you're off just tuck it under the seat a lot of good mounts out there to chose from including ones I make

Old 07-23-2007, 03:39 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello and welcome. I remember your hubby posting when you got the new bike. Congradulations.I distinctly remember him saying he was going to add some more pictures of you...I mean your ride... I haven't seen them yet.

As far as tunes go, I agree. I have a rk custom and use a mp3 and ear buds. At 80+ mph, I can't hear ****. I have looked everywhere for something that will look good and function well, at speed. Sorry to say, if it is out there, I haven't found it. They all either look like boxes tied to your bars/shield, or little bitty speakers that simply do not work. At least that is the information I have read in COUNTLESS reviews. I would not waste a dime on any bar mounted speakers. Period. The ONLY real option is to add an aftermarket fairing. At least they look like they belong on a Harley. Yes, they are very expensive. But, if you want tunes, want to be able to hear them on the highways, and want them to look good, I am afraid that is the only good option. Although, I will admit, the speakers in the bags,with an amplifier,sound like they would work really well. I just don't want to know if I would want to give up my saddlebag room for it. Let us know what you decide. And a review of what you go with.

Again welcome, and don't be afraid to ask all the questions you have. Lots of people here willing to help. OH...by the way...what about some more photos?

Old 07-23-2007, 06:10 AM
Anthony8858
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the ultimate "How to get tunes" link:

Enjoy

http://www.mmi.org/merrington/radio.html

Old 07-23-2007, 06:23 AM
musclehead
Cruiser

Another vote for J&M's self amplified bar mounted speakers. I have these on my RK Custom and they work pretty good, even at 80 mph. I don't think they are too much different than my SG with Hogtune speakers. You will need to use a windshield or the sound waves will blow right past you.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:30 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

excellent advice
ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

Hello and welcome. I remember your hubby posting when you got the new bike. Congradulations.I distinctly remember him saying he was going to add some more pictures of you...I mean your ride... I haven't seen them yet.

As far as tunes go, I agree. I have a rk custom and use a mp3 and ear buds. At 80+ mph, I can't hear ****. I have looked everywhere for something that will look good and function well, at speed. Sorry to say, if it is out there, I haven't found it. They all either look like boxes tied to your bars/shield, or little bitty speakers that simply do not work. At least that is the information I have read in COUNTLESS reviews. I would not waste a dime on any bar mounted speakers. Period. The ONLY real option is to add an aftermarket fairing. At least they look like they belong on a Harley. Yes, they are very expensive. But, if you want tunes, want to be able to hear them on the highways, and want them to look good, I am afraid that is the only good option. Although, I will admit, the speakers in the bags,with an amplifier,sound like they would work really well. I just don't want to know if I would want to give up my saddlebag room for it. Let us know what you decide. And a review of what you go with.

Again welcome, and don't be afraid to ask all the questions you have. Lots of people here willing to help. OH...by the way...what about some more photos?

Old 07-23-2007, 08:09 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

the thing i dont like is the 4' round speakers on the handlebars. they are just odd looking huge. now i know the 2wheel tunes are smaller and they do sound good. my neighbor has them on his road king and i can here him coming down the road. but the price of them is a little high for me know. maybe someday

Old 07-23-2007, 01:58 PM
mfindell
6th Gear

WOW! So my husband was right as usual. There are a lot of great people on this forum that are willing to help. This site rocks! My work is cut out for me. I have a lot of things to look up now. I will post and let you guys know what I decide. Oh, and I will post some more pictures of my ride soon!

Old 07-23-2007, 11:01 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone tried the 2 speaker system from www.uniqcycle.com they have 2 grills to choose from and a 150 watt amp with the kit. cost 275.00 and just plug in your Ipod or Mp3 player. Let me know.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:36 PM
mfindell
6th Gear

I actually like the look of this speaker, and I was thinking if I get a new windshield that is smoke at the bottom you really wouldn't notice them too much. Please show pics if you have them.

Quick Reply: Tunes and speakers for Road King Classic