Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Motorcycle Lifts are made in the USA?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 01:57 PM
wolverinehusky
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,643 Likes on 2,393 Posts

Originally Posted by 6113_
did they give you a delivery date yet?
3-4 weeks.

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
Air bag lifts have been used in industrial equipment for a long time, certainly not new technology.
Ahh..didn't know that. Hadn't really seen them for bike lifts. Seen positive reviews on this specific bag.

Old 03-29-2020, 05:17 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,073 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob175
Because I don't have room (or the need) for a table, I bought a J&S Jack 5 yrs ago, primarily because once raised, it makes it's so much easier and safer for me to push my 15 Ultra Limited flush up against the back wall of my 2 car garage, perpendicular to the front of one of my cars. I wish I could more easily maneuver it around myself without a jack but at 5'8" and 175lbs with a tight 2 car garage to maneuver it in that 900+ lbs is just too much for me. However, once raised on the jack, I can push it around with just one hand...a pleasure! (also, because my Ultra Limited is the "Low" model the J&S Jack was the only one that was low enough to slide under the cycle when it's leaned over on its Jiffy stand)

I've had the J&S Jack for 5 "trouble free" years now but after hearing that some had issues with the imported bottle jack I ordered a second one JUST IN CASE. It's still in the box should I need it but so far so good.
Place a section of 2x4 under the Jiffy stand; that will give you more clearance to get the jack under the frame. If that's not enough, a helper to right the bike off the stand should do it as well. I know you have the problem solved but it may help someone decide when they're buying a jack.

Old 03-29-2020, 07:16 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 392 Likes on 232 Posts
Default rear wheel

Originally Posted by Hey Man
https://www.kendonusa.com/collection...torcycle-lifts

I bought a used Kendon stand up motorcycle lift. Although the top is not as wide as a regular table the legs are just as wide and it's just as stable as a full size lift. It does everything a table lift will do except take up space when not in use.

How do you change the rear wheel, is there a way to drop the rear wheel down

Old 03-29-2020, 08:05 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sandcrab
How do you change the rear wheel, is there a way to drop the rear wheel down
Looks like the tail end is hinged or removable. That said, it looks pretty narrow for using a center jack like you would on a regular table lift and I wouldn't do any job that involved having both wheels off at the same time.

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 03-29-2020 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:19 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 392 Likes on 232 Posts
Default Stimulus Payment

It occurs to me, that many on this forum who say the lift is too expensive, will be getting a check for $1,200 from the government. So take this tax free money, and see how cheap a $1395 lift is when $1200 is knocked off. Basically you are getting the lift for around $200.

I know, the guy with the garage the size of my house and a Porsche won't get the $1200, but a lot will.

The following users liked this post:
Campy Roadie (03-29-2020)
Old 03-30-2020, 10:30 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Here's a link to a modification I did to my Handy lift. It eliminates the chance of spitting the rear tire change door out when the lift is up. Like for instance breaking the clutch adjustment nut loose with the bike in gear.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...t-upgrade.html
Did you ever get around to digging a hole for that thing?

Old 03-31-2020, 05:56 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by cficole
Did you ever get around to digging a hole for that thing?
Not yet Cole. This year's project was the driveway and garage floor but the town is replacing water lines up to the house (mine runs under the driveway). I want them to do what they have to so I don't have to cut a new concrete driveway. The upside is we have more money to do it because we aren't going out as much.

cficole (03-31-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 09:43 AM
cyclone65
Cruiser
Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

I came across this video on YouTube this winter while sitting in the house, wishing and waiting for warmer weather.
The video is kinda long, and there is a part 2.
I liked the idea of having the lift flush with the garage floor.

Old 04-01-2020, 10:33 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,292 Likes on 4,452 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclone65

I liked the idea of having the lift flush with the garage floor.
There have been a few posts from people who have done it.... it looks like a great thing to do..

I thought about it because my lift stands 8" high fully collapsed... flush to the floor would be very convenient, as I move my 3 bikes around a lot. One bike needs to be parked on the lift, to fit my bikes in my little home shop

A friend fo mine who was a contractor, said it wouldn't be that difficult to do... he figured it would cost about $1500 to do it for my lift, in my little shop. That price would include tying the new concrete "box" into the rest of the slab with rebar...

As luck would have it... I struggled with the decision whether or not to do it, for several years... By the time I decided it would be worth it... My contractor friend had retired and he's now surfing in Costa Rica somewhere.... Lost my concrete work contacts... I don't have that skill set... damn...

cyclone65 (04-01-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 10:38 AM
absmith
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default J&S

I would really caution anyone that has interest in the J&S products. Unfortunately, they have a really difficult time fulfilling their orders. I placed and order with them for one of their lifts on January 7th, 2020. At that time Steve gave me a 3 - 4 week lead time. Fair enough. I placed the order and they charged my credit card. At 5 weeks I reached out to Steve and he said it would be another week. At 8 weeks I couldn't get them on the phone so i sent an email through their website. No response. Yesterday was 12 weeks. When I called for a status update I received their voicemail. Went to the website and it says as of 03/27/2020 they have been mandated to cease operation due to current events. The earliest date they may open is 04/24/2020.

Before placing the order I had read that they can be slow but I wasn't in a terrible rush and reportedly they have a great product. I work in a similar business and don't really care for it when customers get needy so I left them alone. That may have been a crucial mistake. At this point the earliest I could possibly get my order is 16 weeks. With deadlines missed so badly and absolutely zero communication from them I'm going to be forced to cancel the order and/or dispute the charge with the credit card company. It's a shame. I want to support them but at this point there doesn't seem to be another choice.

Frankly, I have concerns about many small businesses surviving our current economic situation. I feel a 90 day zero interest loan of several hundred dollars is pretty generous. Given our current economic landscape I'm going to try to get my money back while I still can. If I still can...

So, there it is. Just my experience. Take it or leave it. Hopefully my experience will help a potential J&S customer make an informed buying decision.

Last edited by absmith; 04-01-2020 at 02:01 PM. Reason: word omission
Campy Roadie (04-01-2020)

Quick Reply: Which Motorcycle Lifts are made in the USA?