Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CarPlay & PackTalk Bold

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2024 | 04:15 PM
zoom14151
1st Gear
Default Whim

I have a Schubert C5 helmet with the SC2 module and I have no whim on my HD

Old 02-11-2024 | 04:23 PM
TOHOG
Supporter
Supporter

Zoom14151

If you are referring to the headset, I use a Cardo Packtalk EDGE
If you are referring to the WHIM, I do not use that. I have it but it is unplugged because it only works with HD Sena units and I use Cardo with my wife and riding buddys.

If you want to use Packtalk you need a Bluetooth sender which is not provided by HD. There are many available and must be plugged into the HD wired headset outlet either on the dash or passenger headset connector or one added inside the tourpak. The best unit I have found is the Sena Freewire. I have run an extra headset cable into the tourpak. I plug the Sena Freewire into that and pair it to the bike.

RESULTS: I can communicate to Cardo and Sena units with all the features of Cardo (there are many) and get all output from the GTS on the Screen, in my ears, and Apple Carplay.

SO...... IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU USE YOUR BOOMBOX AND/OR HEADSET FOR. I WANT ALL IT CAN DO. Others don't care about hearing XM, FM,AM, WEATHER, via Boombox. I do. I also want to use CarPlay so I can use Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, etc.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-11-2024 | 04:28 PM
TOHOG
Supporter
Supporter

Originally Posted by DWKen
The Harley wireless module (called a "WHIM") is only good for the Harley Davidson SENA Bluetooth communicator. Will not work acceptably with a Cardo.
So save your money. Get the SENA Freewire, instead.

DWKen ..... my 'mentor'. Good to see you.
Have you read about the new H-D Packtalk Edge?
Can't wait to read some reviews re backward compatibility. Cardo seems a bit "mum" as to its' use on the GTS .... I hope the new Firmware update allows us to pair to H-D but I doubt it.

Old 02-11-2024 | 05:02 PM
DWKen
Cruiser

Good afternoon, TOHOG.
You and a few others have become so well-educated on how to deal with a Cardo connection to a Harley BoomBox that I decided to step aside. You are doing a good job.
I have not heard of a new Edge. I do know that Cardo is advertising a Harley 4-Com (or something like that) that works seamlessly with the new 2014 Harleys that have the new LCD instrument panel. But it's a lame unit and doesn't work with our BoomBoxes, anyway.
But gee, I wish Cardo would market a Cardo WHIM. All of our problems would be solved and Cardo would sell hundreds of thousands of them, I'm sure.
It's a cryin' shame that we have to buy the Freewire from their competitor to get the Cardo units to enjoy most of the BoomBox features.

Old 05-27-2024 | 04:29 PM
nelulepra
Stage IV

I have a 2020 RGL and I'm using my Samsung S23 with Android auto wireless and Cardo Edge. I cannot make it work on the phone calls, everything works just fine. I even purchased a Sena Freewire but still no phone calls can be heard. I can answer or dial but the other party cannot hear me. If any of you knows any workaround I would be grateful Thanks.

Old 05-27-2024 | 04:37 PM
DWKen
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nelulepra
I have a 2020 RGL and I'm using my Samsung S23 with Android auto wireless and Cardo Edge. I cannot make it work on the phone calls, everything works just fine. I even purchased a Sena Freewire but still no phone calls can be heard. I can answer or dial but the other party cannot hear me. If any of you knows any workaround I would be grateful Thanks.
You'll never have joy trying to make phone calls via the BoomBox. It's best to connect the Edge directly to the phone and omit the middle-man (the Harley radio) for phone calls. If you connect the edge directly to the phone and use the Cardo telephone connectivity, it'll work 100%

Old 05-27-2024 | 04:38 PM
TOHOG
Supporter
Supporter

Not sure it will help but your EDGE is not speaking directly to your phone. You can do that with "hey sirii" or her equivalent on the Android. Or, you can call a few people by putting their names/numbers in your speed dial and use the Cardo App to make the calls.

I hope this helps. Cardo must have a video on how to "hear and transmit' audio from the phone to the Boombox.

Old 05-27-2024 | 05:33 PM
nelulepra
Stage IV

Originally Posted by DWKen
You'll never have joy trying to make phone calls via the BoomBox. It's best to connect the Edge directly to the phone and omit the middle-man (the Harley radio) for phone calls. If you connect the edge directly to the phone and use the Cardo telephone connectivity, it'll work 100%
Thanks for.ypur replay it works direcrly connected to thw phone, but not when the phone is connected to the BoomBox. And if I dont connect to the boombox I loose the android auto, with GoogleMaps and waze

Last edited by nelulepra; 05-27-2024 at 05:35 PM.