Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CarPlay & PackTalk Bold

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2023 | 08:56 AM
Parrothead1809
Tourer

Also, Although I attempted to use a newly formatted 8GB USB stick, it wouldn't work and I had to use an older 4GB stick I had. Both were formatted to FAT32. Not sure what the issue was, but if you attempt an upgrade and the bike doesn't do anything beyond the "No Media Found" message, try another USB stick.

Old 07-30-2023 | 07:58 PM
DWKen
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Parrothead1809
Also, Although I attempted to use a newly formatted 8GB USB stick, it wouldn't work and I had to use an older 4GB stick I had. Both were formatted to FAT32. Not sure what the issue was, but if you attempt an upgrade and the bike doesn't do anything beyond the "No Media Found" message, try another USB stick.
You're talking about uploading a route (ride) into the Harley BoomBox?
I have a USB that simply won't work, even though it formats without any complaints and the files come up on the desktop. I threw it away.

Old 07-30-2023 | 08:47 PM
Parrothead1809
Tourer

I was talking about placing the unzipped ISO file on the USB stick for the upgrade process. Like you, I tried formatting it a few times and it wouldn't work. Those USB sticks are cheap and not worth keeping around if they are even a bit finicky. Like you, I just toss 'em.

Last edited by Parrothead1809; 07-30-2023 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2023 | 09:47 PM
TOHOG
Supporter
Supporter

I’ve tossed a couple that just would not work myself

Old 07-31-2023 | 10:58 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DWKen
yeah, me too.
But I stumbled across the Music Toggle in documentation somewhere while on the trip and found it to be absolutely reliable! It was just as reliable as "Hey Cardo Battery Status" which has always worked almost flawlessly.
The five of us started using the "Music" toggle while riding.

Ken
I've discovered this as well. Most of the time though, I just press the "front" button for music on, and a press of the "scroll wheel" for music off. This way I'm not in anyone else's ear with my commands.

Old 07-31-2023 | 11:10 AM
TOHOG
Supporter
Supporter

I'm using the Cardo EDGE, Sena Freewire, Apple Car Play.
Cardo is paired to phone, not bike.

I have great bike to bike intercom
I receive all BoomBox out put in headset (AM,XM,FM,SPOTIFY, MUSIC.

I can activate Siri by pushing the talk button on my LH handlebar control. It activates SIRI but there is no response to my command.

I hear some of you saying SIRI works for you wirelessly with your similar connections. Any ideas as to what I'm missing?

thanks

Steve

Old 07-31-2023 | 11:32 AM
snohomish
Advanced

2019 tri-glide. I’m using Packtalk bold, Apple CarPlay plug, Sena Freewire. Packtalk bold is blue toothed to iPhone. I have to start everything in the following order 1) plug in iPhone to bike 2) start bike 3) turn on freewire 4) turn on Packtalk bold. If I do this in order I will be able to utilize handlebar controls but I am unable to use Siri voice commands and do not have phone call ability. If I then turn off the freewire I lose handlebar controls but establish Siri voice commands and phone call access. If I turn freewire back on then I reestablish the handlebar controls and lose voice commands and phone call ability. It is very strange but this is what works for me.

Old 07-31-2023 | 11:52 AM
TOHOG
Supporter
Supporter

I understand what you are saying. In my case the freewire is in the tourpak so I cannot turn it off/on while riding. My freewire is always on even overnight while bike is on tender.
Handlebar control will activate SIRI but my wireless commands are not transmitted to the boombox or phone.

I do have my phone mounted on handlebars and use the car2phone connector which projects CarPlay on screen if I want it. I can switch back and forth between Apple Maps and BoomBox maps or Google or Waze and here all commands in EDGE but I cannot make a phone call or any other command work via SIRI. To make a phone call I can do that by using the EDGE which is paired to iPhone. Sure would love to use SIRI AS THEN I CAN SEND TEXTS AND MAKE PHONE CALLS EASIER.

Old 02-11-2024 | 03:52 PM
zoom14151
1st Gear
Default Whim

Do I need the Harley Davidson wireless module on the bike to achieve this?

Old 02-11-2024 | 04:13 PM
DWKen
Cruiser

Originally Posted by zoom14151
Do I need the Harley Davidson wireless module on the bike to achieve this?
The Harley wireless module (called a "WHIM") is only good for the Harley Davidson SENA Bluetooth communicator. Will not work acceptably with a Cardo.
So save your money. Get the SENA Freewire, instead.

Quick Reply: CarPlay & PackTalk Bold