Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CarPlay & PackTalk Bold

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2023 | 10:35 AM
Parrothead1809
Tourer

Strange - I thought I had this all working last season. I have the $10 Amazon plug hack in my '21 Street Glide and followed all the directions. "Hey Cardo Music On" and "Hey Seri, shuffle the Harley Playlist" all work fine and I hear music through my Cardo. What isn't working, is "Hey Seri, Text Jim" - If I'm doing this while parked I can hear Seri prompt me through my faring mounted speakers "What do you want to say?", but then it doesn't hear me dictate through the text message. Responses to "Hey Seri what's the temperature" also come through the faring speakers and not the Cardo. Did something setting get changed? Any tips welcome.
Thanks,

Old 04-16-2023 | 10:52 AM
TOHOG
Supporter
Supporter

Are you receiving ANY audio wirelessly from Boombox?

Old 04-16-2023 | 04:07 PM
RiderX
|
Road Master

There is a setting in the GTS radio where you can redirect audio to your headset or at least disable it on the bike's speakers. I am not in front of my bike at the moment so I am not sure what it is EXACTLY. I believe it is in the Audio section of settings.

The following users liked this post:
Parrothead1809 (04-20-2023)
Old 04-16-2023 | 06:22 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

This is great info. I have been trying to read thru this and am lost! Let me start that I'm an old man and not really computer literate. I can do a couple things but..... I have 2021 Street Glide. I have Packtalk Bold. I have Samsung 21 android phone. This has worked well for us, our small riding group. I bought new 3/4 helmet with pockets for speakers. Wearing this helmet, it is difficult to hear the radio at speed. I have installed the helmet speakers and am working (need new mtg brkt for cardo to install on new helmet) to get the Packtalk Bold mounted on helmet. Bottom line is this..... I want to be able to hear the bike radio thru the helmet speakers. I can work with the cardo unit in talking, as needed, with buddies. I do have music on my phone, so that works for trips. I do not have WHIM and I have one of those bypass things.
What can I do to listen to bike radio thru helmet speakers, and still have access on my Packtalk? Am I asking stupid question? Did I miss something? No I started reading this but once my eyes blurred, I came back here to the end!
I appreciate any help or direction someone may provide.

Old 04-17-2023 | 07:25 PM
RiderX
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Spartanden
What can I do to listen to bike radio thru helmet speakers, and still have access on my Packtalk? Am I asking stupid question? Did I miss something? No I started reading this but once my eyes blurred, I came back here to the end!
Connect your phone to the bike via the USB port. Make sure you pair your phone via Bluetooth with your PackTalk and not the bike. By default your music should play in your PackTalk. If you are not hearing it, please look for the setting I mentioned above. That setting will redirect the sound from your bike speakers to your PackTalk.

Old 04-18-2023 | 08:54 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member

I'll try to do that tomorrow. Right now the temps have dropped into the 30's-low 40's....too cold for this old man to stand out in the garage right now!!
Thanks for the input....my phone is set up on the bike, and it is bluetooth to the Packtalk. So we'll give that a try.

Old 04-18-2023 | 09:53 PM
TOHOG
Supporter
Supporter

Are you looking to hear all audio from Boom via Paktalk? If so you will need a bluetooth transmitter fitted into the 6 pin plug that would be used by a wired headset. Boombox has no means to send a bluetooth signal without an attachment and likely a Sena firewire.

Old 04-19-2023 | 07:35 AM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member

The only thing I'm looking for is the ability to hear the radio through the packtalk. This is primarily for local riding. On trips, I listen to music off my android phone. Don't want to talk on phone or make calls. Don't need to have the annoying lady telling me when and where to turn! The new helmet I have a) is snug enough I have to crank radio volume up to an extremely loud, and b) does have a slight bit of wind noise that is distracting at speed to comfortably hear the radio.
So all I'm after is the ability to hear the radio on the "new" system. I added JBL 40mm speakers to my helmet, which is snug fit, but works.
Open for suggestions!!!

Old 04-19-2023 | 07:47 AM
TOHOG
Supporter
Supporter

The only thing I'm looking for is the ability to hear the radio through the packtalk. This is primarily for local riding. On trips, I listen to music off my android phone. Don't want to talk on phone or make calls. Don't need to have the annoying lady telling me when and where to turn! The new helmet I have a) is snug enough I have to crank radio volume up to an extremely loud, and b) does have a slight bit of wind noise that is distracting at speed to comfortably hear the radio.
So all I'm after is the ability to hear the radio on the "new" system. I added JBL 40mm speakers to my helmet, which is snug fit, but works.
Open for suggestions!!!
just dial in the local radio stations you want into paktalk. Easypeasy

Old 04-19-2023 | 08:15 AM
DWKen
Cruiser

Open for suggestions!!!
If that's all you need, try using the FM radio feature of the PackTalk. You can pre-program stations and easily switch between them.

Quick Reply: CarPlay & PackTalk Bold