Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is your bike worth more than your trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007 | 04:08 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Default RE: Is your bike worth more than your trailer?

ORIGINAL: ken thompson

Are you talking to me?
No, no, no...ya gotta do it like this:

/MarlonBrando on

You talkin' t' me?

/MarlonBrando off

See? Much more effective, isn't it?

Yeh...I know....made ya shiver, didn't it? Admit it. Quakin' in yer boots now I bet.

Old 07-20-2007 | 05:45 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

people, relax. sheeesh. i can answer this one easily. yes. there, happy? i didn't take his post as a slam, maybe cause i just don't give a f*ck. we chose to live in a trailer cause i was in the military and didn't like gov quarters. and our neighbors really sucked and i was getting ready to deploy and i didn't want to leave my wife in that situation. brand new (in 1995) it was 23k. sold it last year for 8k. with all the housing money the gov gave me, the gov paid for it. we could have moved out of it any time we wanted, but we chose not to so we could spend our money on 'funner' things.

now we live in a house and have a mortgage, higher utility bills, higher upkeep costs, etc. trailer life was simple. sometimes i miss it.

Old 07-20-2007 | 06:10 PM
Oldtimer of NM
Road Master

I think the real queston is, if you don't keep your bike in your bedroom, is the place where you sleep as nice as the place where you keep your bike?

Old 07-20-2007 | 06:12 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Ken, did you expect to see all these worms when you opened the can on this thread. I thought it was all in fun. But, maybe some folks (who live in trailors) took offense.

Fact is, when I first got married, my wife and I lived in a trailor on the back waters of the Chattahoochee and I can garantee you, that my 06 HD did cost more than that little trailor, but the 06 hasn't brought me as much joy as my years in that little trailor. But there were not so fun times too - once it got so cold outside, that inside the trailor, the water in the toilet bowl had a sheet of ice on it, I kid you not. But we were in love. Then the honeymoon wore off, and we bought a house.

Now we live in a house, not the first one we bought, but look back fondly on the days in our little "sugar shack" as my wife likes to call it - but I wouldn't want to go back - too old.

Hack

Old 07-20-2007 | 07:02 PM
Sanebiker
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Phurion

Is yours?

Personally I live in a nice house, but I think your question might be perceived as rude by some.

Who cares, really?

The other similar thread about car value vs bike value is one thing. But when you start bashing a man's home you're crossing a line. "A man's home is his castle", regardless of whether it's a trailer, or a multi-million dollar mansion.
What if someone lives in a multi-million dollar trailer? I had a hairstylist in Calabasas that owned like 5 acres on a moutain top in Malibu and he put a trailer up there to live in. True story.

Old 07-20-2007 | 07:20 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Seems like an extraordinary number of one-star hang arounds are getting their panties in a wad. Can't a guy have some fun? Did these new memebers come with the new owners?

No offense but that is a pretty bold statement from a guy who has only been a member for less than 4 months. Not busting on you. Just saying.

Old 07-20-2007 | 08:11 PM
Sanebiker
Cruiser

Well, at least we got your post count up a little.

The fuggin problems with this site are making conversations like this difficult. i totally missed the wife thing. Been with the OL too long now to know weather or not she's still hot. I'll have to take your word on it. Let me know what you think. She's the love of my life.

Well seeing I'm a proud Californian I must says yer wifes probably is THE HOTTEST BABE ...in your neck of the woods. (If thats her in the pic) HeHe

Old 07-20-2007 | 08:48 PM
ken thompson
|
The Schlong Man

Here's my place. Please excuse the mess. We had a little party last night and it rolled into the neighbors yard.