Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever let anyone touch, sit on, ride your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:54 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Ever let anyone touch, sit on, ride your bike?

Well you know the old saying
"My wife yes, my dog maybe, my bike never"

Old 07-20-2007, 11:08 PM
PA SILVERBACK
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If asked first...I'll think about it...Depends on who it is

Old 07-20-2007, 11:33 PM
darkside
Banned

If they askfirst I have no problem with it at all. It just bugs the hell out of me when someone I knowjust hops on it though ,without asking though.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:49 PM
62trvler
Tourer

Let a female friend get on mine once and so she swings her leg over the seat and rriiippp she had on some tall boots with buckles on them and it was a brand new seat that was special ordered. What's a girl to do..................................

Then another wrapped her legs around me going down the road and put 2 nice scratches on my tank with her shoe heels............she did the same thing

Old 07-20-2007, 11:57 PM
smknflms
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

...ask and you can sit on it.. ride depends on individual...if my bud had never let me ride hisI probably would never had bought one... kids are a different story..if bikes cool, with supervision, sure. You really have to watch the kids though.A friend and Iwere at the dealer with our bikes, had just rolled up from about 30 mile run, parked and walked towards door when a 5 y/o and his dad stopped to admire bikes, the 5 y/o was standing between bikes and backed up to get a better look at bikeand ended up with both calfs against pipes..brutal experience..for everyone. I really watch them now, although I though I had always been pretty alert.
Later

Old 07-21-2007, 12:59 AM
riverbound51
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of my friends ride or did ride. They are my friends, they don't need to ask. We borrow and ride each others bikes. I don't mind at all. If I was to come out of a store and find some stranger sitting on my bike, that would be another story. Never happened that I have seen, but I always figured I follow them to their car and check it out, maybe open the door and check out the interior as they were getting in. LOL

Old 07-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldlet anybody sit on my bike if they ask. I have several really experienced rider friends and if they would want to ride it, they are more than welcome to do so. I did let one of them take my bike out right after I bought it to see what he thought of it. He liked it and said it ran great and I got a good deal.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:01 AM
onlythebest
Road Warrior

Depends on what she looks like

Old 07-21-2007, 03:00 AM
07RoadGlide
Banned

ORIGINAL: Sanebiker

ORIGINAL: 07RoadGlide

...Of course, someone there built a little mini-chopper and he saw it. He made sure he told me that I was going to buy him that one when he got bigger. LOL Scary thing is, he WON'T forget he told me that.
...and it'll be one of the proudest moments in your life when you do
Well, he already has a PW50 dirt bike he rides with some training wheels. He's pretty good on it too. Can't wait for the time to pull the training wheels. As soon as he's good without them, he'll probably geta minichopper. LOL

Old 07-21-2007, 06:39 AM
otterbob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive let all my buddies ride my bike and they all love the power. I have no problem letting anyone sit on it or ride it as long as they are a bud. One time was at a buds house for a bbq and they wanted to send a pic of their daughter in Iraq with her family sitting on bikes. My buds wife sat on mine for the photo op and i dont know how she did it but as soon as she got off the bike went to the ground. Luckily it landed in the grass and didnt leave a mark.

Quick Reply: Ever let anyone touch, sit on, ride your bike?