Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pioneer INNO XM, anyone used it on their HD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 11:09 AM
swipter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer INNO XM, anyone used it on their HD?

I was looking at the XM site and saw the Pioneer INNO portable XM player. Anyone used it on their HD? If so, how were the results?

Thanks

Old 07-20-2007, 11:14 AM
TODDK
6th Gear
Default RE: Pioneer INNO XM, anyone used it on their HD?

That's what I've got. Works great withthe five hour battery and FM transmitter I just put it in my saddlebag andput the magnetic antenna on the luggage rack. I recharge it when I stop or in my truck overnight.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:39 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Wife has one on here SG. She has a car kit for power that is hooked up under the fairing. Her antenna is also under the fairing. I made a custom bracket that is mounted to the right handlebar controls to hold the unit. Her sound runs through the factory speakers.

It will also get reception with the built in antenna, but it is not as good, and with battery power it doesn't make it through the longer rides. You can use it with ear buds and not have to run through a stereo system if you do not have a bike with a radio.

Bill

Old 07-20-2007, 02:51 PM
billydflnc
Cruiser

I have one but don't use it on my bike... my buddy has one on his RKC wired in for power... we had custom digital quality sound formed ear plugs/head phones and they work great... i don't have a windsheild so the wind noise affects me but not him with his windsheild.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:23 PM
flharleycop
Cruiser

I Have that unit also with my 07 Ultra, I have it cliped on the handle bar with a cell phone case and just run the AUX line into the stereo. It works great I do not have a car kit or other attena and have taken it all the way to NY from Fl with no issues or reception losses. The only time it went in and out was in the mountains on the really covered roads. The only problem I see it the line out volume is not that loud and with the HK radio not boosting the volume as much on the AUX side it means you really have to blast the volume to get a resonable level out of it. The car kit will allow the FM modulator to work so that may improve the volume levels if you hook all the stuff up. I like just plugging it in and going without all those wires.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:32 PM
spartns
Road Master

I've got one as well. I put it in the pouch behind the rider backrest and run the power cord under the seat to the aux outlet. I run the antenna under the seat also and stick it on the rear fender or lay it on the tour pack. I tried the aux jack, and, as stated above, no volume. Now I just use the FM Modulator, works great.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:38 PM
BIGCHIEF
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like the Inno; I use it on the bike and in the boat. Connected the lighter power toa cig lighter installed under fairing (tapped into existing lighter wires) put the antenna on top of the radio and the "car kit" holder is placed in the right pouch of the Triple Pouch bag by the windshield.

I use a 12" cord to connect to the radio aux input. It works real fine and does not run out of power. Since its a second radio o hte acccount, it is $7 per month....

Old 07-21-2007, 09:35 AM
swipter
Tourer

ORIGINAL: TODDK

That's what I've got. Works great withthe five hour battery and FM transmitter I just put it in my saddlebag andput the magnetic antenna on the luggage rack. I recharge it when I stop or in my truck overnight.
I would never had thought the FM mod would have worked from the saddlebag. Thanks for all the input.