Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Theory on waving - Regional thing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Theory on waving - Regional thing?

I am in the middle of a 7-10k roadtrip.
&nbsp\\;
my riding buddy and I have come to a kind of comedic twist on the wave.
It gets pretty rediculous waving 300 times a day for 15 days straight, so we have got the various "kewl-guy" waves going.
My buddy made up a really big bowling ball throw style of wave, and I have been going with a rediculously over-exuberant&nbsp\\;almost falling off of the bike wave.
&nbsp\\;
I hate to be rude to someone being cordial, but it gets pretty rediculous on a long ride - so if it is going to be rediculous we may as well be entertained.
If I saw a bike every hour or two, it would be a realistic proposition, but it is kind of silly to wave at every schmoe going down the road. I have my stereo to be ****ing with, a beer&nbsp\\;in my cupholder, phone calls to make&nbsp\\;- cetra, cetra. No time to wave - it would be unsafe!

&nbsp\\;

Old 07-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Crusher
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In NJ we wave to all MC riders.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Even&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Scooters. &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;In fact on Sunday it becomes a PITA as I find my left hand off the bar more then on it because we pass so many bikes.
&nbsp\\;
Also, when passing a group of other riders I find everyone waves from the first bike to the last bike, even if there are 20 of them.&nbsp\\; The wave here is usually one finger pointing down.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:25 PM
wildrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gonna buy me a fake arm and hang it on the side of my bike, that way i can wave at everybody!!

Old 07-21-2008, 03:02 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am riding a Wing because my Roadking is still appart and i wave at everybody except the CR. Most wave back Here in Oklahoma city and the burbs.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:13 PM
harvey3609
Cruiser

Upstate New York - I wave to everyone and usually get a wave back.&nbsp\\; When I don't, I figure there either busy shifting or just not friendly.&nbsp\\; Who cares

Old 07-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Lagoonatic
Intermediate

I used to only wave to other HD’s.&nbsp\\; Lately I’ve become a quite a waver.&nbsp\\; I wave to most folks on motorcycles, even the CR’s.&nbsp\\; Scooters don’t rate though, gotta draw the line somewhere. &nbsp\\;I have to wave at the kids in the back of cars that are waving at me. &nbsp\\;I wave to other old cars when I’m in my old car.&nbsp\\; You have to wave to people from the boat too, I think it’s a rule.&nbsp\\; I do lots of parade waving from the convertible in parades.
Two weeks ago I rode up Palomar Mountain.&nbsp\\; There’s lots of CR’s since it’s a fun twisty ride especially if you’re a knee dragger.&nbsp\\; We all wave to each other.&nbsp\\; In fact I got the hand on top of the helmet signal when I waved to some CR’s.&nbsp\\; I slowed way down and sure enough I was smiling on my way through the California Highway Patrol’s speed trap.&nbsp\\; Smiling since I avoided a ticket I would certainly have received if I hadn’t been warned.&nbsp\\; After passing the speed trap I was giving all the motorcycles (not cars) the hand on top of the helmet signal.&nbsp\\; Plenty of waving out here in San Diego.