Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm hurting, friend killed today on his new Harley

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 12:14 AM
rmarion
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I'm hurting, friend killed today on his new Harley

Thoughts and Prayers go out to you and his Family

Old 07-20-2007, 03:02 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I, too, am sorry for the loss. I can not imagine the pain his family, as well as you, are going through. And, I hope that my family and friends never have to worry about it. I have a wife and two small children, and I think about them when I ride. If something happens to me, who will be there for my family? Who will walk my daughter's down the isle?? All very sad.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:00 AM
krgs2k
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hack,
Sorry to here about your loss. I have had many of the same thoughts. My
youngest brother was left paralized on 11/27/2006 after a cager pulled
out on him on the way to have some work done on his bike. It has been
a very difficult few months for our whole family. He also has two young
children. Many of my other brothers and cousins continue to ride inspite
of what happened. Yes, sometimes I think we are all nutz. I am hooked
in riding and best of all with the support of my brother. I will pray for the
family of your friend.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:14 AM
SkydiveNavy
Intermediate

Dear Hack,

I'm very sorry for the tragic loss of your buddy, William.

Prayers aloft unto the Most High God (Jesus Christ the Lord) for his surviving wife Tina and their two little ones. Our God has a big heart for widows and the fatherless and He is able to provide and to comfort the afflicted. I know what it's like to lose those close to you and it is very difficult. Take heart to know that you ain't alone, sir.

You may recall that I phoned you a couple months ago but I've since lost your number. If you'd like to fellowship send me your tel. no# via Private Message and I'll give you a shout this week.

The way I look at it, I always call upon the God of heaven prior to headin' out on the Harley, asking Him to protect me and my wife with safe travels. Along with His providence I also employ the things I learned at the M/C Safety Training Course (i.e., S.I.P.D.E. works for me!).

AIRBORNE All The Way! us ex-Paratrooper's gotta' stick together... <Smile> Be safe Hack and enjoy your riding.

With care,
Billy Hoffmann

"Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another... Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep." Romans 12:10 & 15

"He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

Old 07-20-2007, 06:12 AM
DCRANER
Tourer

Prayers sent for all involved. The right words are hard to find sometimes, that is such tragic news. Trust that there really is a final level of life. God Bless.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:16 AM
Doc
Cruiser

I pray for peace in your life. I know how hard it is to loose a friend. Lean on God for comfort. It will take time.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:25 AM
Kern
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sorry to hear that Hack, went through something similar just a few years back.

Gods with you and his family.
-Kern

Old 07-20-2007, 09:00 AM
mchildree
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hack, there's an article about the accident in the newspaper today. A cager crossed the center line and hit him coming south on Veteran's Parkway. Terrible when a biker dies due to the negligence of another.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Sanebiker
Cruiser
Default RE: I'm hurting, friend kiled today on his new Harley

ORIGINAL: rocksandgiz

Sorry for your loss. May he R.I.P. And may Peace be with his family.I will pray for them.That must have been horrible for them to witness it. Sorry to hear about another brother lost. Its a very dangerous hobby. All we can do is ride safe and hope it's not our turn to go. Peace
Not meaning to go on a tangent but I think riding a bike is more than a hobby and I trust you'll agree. Its a way to maintain our sanity and for some of us it's a way of life.

After my brother commited suicide I went into a shell. What brought me out of it was my getting on a motorcycle and running through the mountains and realizing just how great God is (to me) if he can create such majestic vistas.

I feel for this guy that lost his friend. He must keep riding and enjoying the beauty of nature and in honor of who his dear friend was.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:27 AM
The Vig
Advanced

My sincerest condonlences to your friend and his family.

For Some life is the path of least resistanceto a given end; for others, it is thequality of te the trek.

I gave up riding for 12 years thinking that I was insulating myself from potentially hurting my family making choices that would take me away from my sons and probably cause my now ex wife to divorce me. Truth be told while I was working she was running around and in the end I view her divorcing me as being paroled from her prison. I have a better relationship with my boys and a new wife that bought me an 07 RG for wedding gift. I tell this story only to remind you that your friend was doing something he loved with his wifes support and although it isa tradgedy that he is gone, many go in ways that are less enjoyable, and alone.

We will say aprayer for him.

Quick Reply: I'm hurting, friend killed today on his new Harley