Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 02:01 PM
Halfbore
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel injectors

2007 Road King Classic with Stage 2 and roughly 8000 miles. Also has a dealer “race tune” whatever that means and dyno’d at 90 HP and 103 tq.

Working on getting everything I need to get it back together from the PO. It appears the fuel injectors are MIA. Is there injector options I should look at or just the factory stock injectors? Best place to get them?

Old 02-20-2020, 09:34 PM
LenBoyLo
Tourer
Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

I think stock injectors would be in order for a motor that specs to the HP you mention. If you go bigger on injectors they may not operate in the middle of the design span.i.e. would operate at the lower end of of injector pulse width and delivery volume. A key to what the engine may have had before for injectors would be does it have a larger than 48 mm throttle body. If so it MAY have had larger than stock spec injectors.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:16 PM
Halfbore
Novice

Just went out and double checked. Part number on the throttle body verifies the standard 48mm. If I’m reading things correct it looks like stock was a 4.3 g/s flow rate recommended up to 90 hp. Officially the dunk put the bike at 90.17. I would like to think I may do other stuff to the bike down the road but also don’t want to compromise current performance. Do I stick with the 4.3 or go up to the next step up which I believe is 5.1 g/s?

Old 02-21-2020, 12:49 AM
LenBoyLo
Tourer
Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

I'd stick with the stock injectors for now at 4.3. When you do head work along with a higher flow throttle body, then up your injector size. If you are going to run that bike at full throttle most times or will be drag racing, bigger injectors are probably a better choice. But if you're around town, normal cruising, keeping to freeway speed limit driving you shouldn't need them. Your 48 mm throttle body and factory heads will be the limiters on top end power. Smoothing the TB internally (porting or bead blasting) might give you slightly more ponies. An upgrade cam set if it is still with stock cam will certainly give you more. Hope that helps.

Old 02-21-2020, 06:26 AM
Halfbore
Novice

I’ll plan to keep stock. Looking at the dealer invoice from the original owner, it was ordered with the stage two kit and from what I can tell that included cams. It also has a head port and polish on it. That said I’m not looking to get crazy on it. It will be cruising around town and commuting to work. I’ll keep stock injectors and down the road will perhaps look at the bigger throttle body and upgrade injectors at that point.