Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mustang Touring Seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts
Default RE: New Mustang Touring Seat

I went thorugh several seats, ending up with a Corbin close solo. I had it built
with the softer foam, quite a bit softer than their regular foam. I also had them lower
the seat by 1 inch, its the best seat I've had so far.
The mustang I had was like sitting on a park bench with foam on it, not really
a saddle in my opinion, more like a flat board! it also cut off the circulation in my legs
because the nose was just too wide for me, my legs would almost fall asleep, and on several occasions I would get a charlie horse in my hip socket, NO fun, had to pull the bike over on several trips, to get the blood flowing back to my legs.
I bought a used corbin, to see how I liked it, and then resold it, and got more than I paid for it. This was a perfect way to try the seat, and see if you like it before shelling out
$800 to Corbin. I found out that the regular corbin, pushed me back way too far, and helped in my decision to buy the close version.
I also got the heated option, it works great, especially when I got caught in a rainstorm
on a very cold day returning from Bike week in Laconia. The extra $200 for the heated version is well worth the money, if you *** is warm, then the rest of you is happier!

Peace
Rags

Old 07-19-2007, 08:29 PM
ironheadharley
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have riden a Mustang, a Corbin, and a Cyclepedic. By far the best is the Cyclepedic. The person at Axiom Cycles http://www.axiomcycles.com recommended this seat after I explained my experience with the others. I am glad I spoke them. Not only were they helpful but the prices were great.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:50 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: ironheadharley

I have riden a Mustang, a Corbin, and a Cyclepedic. By far the best is the Cyclepedic. The person at Axiom Cycles http://www.axiomcycles.com recommended this seat after I explained my experience with the others. I am glad I spoke them. Not only were they helpful but the prices were great.
Man that Cyclepedic looks COMFY and nice looking too!

Old 07-19-2007, 08:53 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Has anyone bought any of the seats from American Classic Motors on Ebay called "Leather Touring Seat" for Drag Product by Danny Gray? I'm looking at one with a rider backrest and some nice lines for $469, but not real clear on the mfg other than the "Drag Products by Danny Gray" thing.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:09 AM
0204665J
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a website to look at the Celepedic seats. I would like to know more about them before I would buy one. They look really nice. I have a 2006 StreetGlide and have aMustang seat, although fairly comfortable it does push me up a little to far. I am a big guy and would like a roomy seat with a nice backrest.