Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth to wireless ear buds?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 09:06 PM
RiderX
Road Master
Received 301 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by WHS
In my case my lady & I wanted to listen to the same tunes but neither of us are fans of the bikes speakers blaring away. We have several CDs full of mp3 tunes that we like .
I wanted to still be able to use the handlebar controls to control my music and did not want my phone mounted on the bars.

She uses normal wired earbuds into the aerostich adapter into the pillion headset port.

As I mentioned, I use a wireless helmet headset that talks to the bluetooth transmitter that connects to the aerostich adapter on the bikes dash headset port.
When I'm not using that particular helmet I can also use normal wired earbuds.

Straightforward, cheap & easy....

<edit> here's the link for those aerostich adapters :
https://www.aerostich.com/intercom-system-adapter.html

You lose the intercom functionality but we've never used that anyhow.

If you have a headset that supports Siri like the PackTalk Bold, you can control your music by simply saying 'Hey Siri'. This eliminates the need to use the controls on the bike and the need to mount your phone on your bars. The PackTalk Bold also supports sharing your audio so you and your wife could listen to music simultaneously.

Just seems a little crazy with all of the workarounds when there are out of the box solutions that address these issues. Even if you find a cheaper solution you are using sacrificing one feature for another. Not to mention the headache and frustration to get it work and keep it working.