Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AdvanBlack Lower fairings

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2020 | 09:08 AM
Flyer903
|
Cruiser
Default AdvanBlack Lower fairings

I'm looking at some.

Thoughts?

They are TONS cheaper than the Harley ones.

Good deal or bad buy?

Old 01-27-2020 | 09:31 AM
EGS
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Flyer903
I'm looking at some.

Thoughts?

They are TONS cheaper than the Harley ones.

Good deal or bad buy?
I have them! I think they are a harley clone. It’s a good product. The color match is perfect and they were easy to install if you follow their video. I purchased the speaker pods as well. HD makes a simple pigtail that plugs in behind the fairing and it will run the speakers using the stock wiring harness.

just like harley, the radiator panels at removable and can be replaced with kuryakn or HD grills. Here is mine with the Kuryakn grills.

also, they ship them in nice boxes and I got mine in 4 days.

Last edited by EGS; 01-27-2020 at 09:47 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by EGS:
Circa58 (02-17-2021), Hawg Runner (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020 | 03:41 PM
Andrewwayne
Tourer

I have them on my bike they look fine, good quality for aftermarket parts. The flap are hard to snap but the Harley magnetic ones will fit.

Old 01-27-2020 | 07:00 PM
Lethal Weapon
Road Master

I have them on my road king.
I just got the plain black ones, along with the speaker pods, so I had to paint them to match my custom paint.
No issues & they fit damn good.

Attached Thumbnails AdvanBlack Lower fairings-photo76.jpg   AdvanBlack Lower fairings-photo692.jpg   AdvanBlack Lower fairings-photo816.jpg   AdvanBlack Lower fairings-photo486.jpg   AdvanBlack Lower fairings-photo798.jpg  

AdvanBlack Lower fairings-photo233.jpg  

Last edited by Lethal Weapon; 01-27-2020 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-27-2020 | 07:57 PM
1993FXSTS
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Andrewwayne
I have them on my bike they look fine, good quality for aftermarket parts. The flap are hard to snap but the Harley magnetic ones will fit.
Same issue with the snaps. The Harley compartment covers I had were not a good fit.........

Old 01-28-2020 | 07:39 AM
destination highway
Road Master

I put the Rushmore model lowers on my pre Rushmore Limited. Got tired of the sliding vent always breaking and rattling like crazy. I think the quality is ok..maybe not quite as heavy duty as OEM but I like them and won't go back to the old ones. But I did this simply to acquire the new improved venting system. Put 2014 lowers on my 2012 and they fit good. MUCH cheaper than OEM..I'm satisfied.

Old 01-28-2020 | 10:54 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

while the advan lowers can be a good value, there are a couple of things to be aware of. first, they aren't quite as thick as the hd oem. then there is the glove box. the hd oem are 'rubberized' while the ab are just a textured plastic. the issue above of the snaps won't apply to you since you have a rushmore, but on the rushmore style, you have the door opening mechanism that is prone to failure. mine did, both the gear mech and the door latch broke. not a problem though, i just replaced the door catch with a couple of rare earth magnets and it holds it pretty securely. the vent door opening/closing mech isn't as smooth as the hd either. mine is stiff enough that i cannot adjust it while riding, i have to pull over to do it. but that's a rarity, i usually have it adjusted where i want before i start.

would i buy the takeoffs again? sure i would. the lowers are down low, and close to the road so they are hit with all kinds of road debris. either harley oem or takeoff, they will get abused. i can buy 5 or 6 sets of the takeoffs before i've spent what hd charges. (i got mine off of amazon for $100. i didn't need them painted as my bike is vivid black so that cut down on the cost substantially)

Last edited by skratch; 01-28-2020 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-29-2020 | 08:43 AM
cruzomatic
Road Master

I have them on my horse and I like them. I had them painted to match and the match was perfect (hard candy red flake). Took some time for them to be delivered, maybe about 3 weeks, but well worth the wait. I opted for the speaker pods. Everything fit well. I'll try and post pics.

Old 01-29-2020 | 08:50 AM
cruzomatic
Road Master
Old 01-29-2020 | 11:48 AM
Erilflynn
Road Master
Veteran: Navy

Unfortunately Advan doesn’t have my custom color Kinetic Green so I ended up ordering OEM (didn’t care for the Hogworks)...loving them just wish vent openings were larger as Ican see these are gonna get warm in the summer

Quick Reply: AdvanBlack Lower fairings