Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AdvanBlack Lower fairings

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2020 | 11:53 AM
Studlintsean
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by skratch
while the advan lowers can be a good value, there are a couple of things to be aware of. first, they aren't quite as thick as the hd oem. then there is the glove box. the hd oem are 'rubberized' while the ab are just a textured plastic. the issue above of the snaps won't apply to you since you have a rushmore, but on the rushmore style, you have the door opening mechanism that is prone to failure. mine did, both the gear mech and the door latch broke. not a problem though, i just replaced the door catch with a couple of rare earth magnets and it holds it pretty securely. the vent door opening/closing mech isn't as smooth as the hd either. mine is stiff enough that i cannot adjust it while riding, i have to pull over to do it. but that's a rarity, i usually have it adjusted where i want before i start.

would i buy the takeoffs again? sure i would. the lowers are down low, and close to the road so they are hit with all kinds of road debris. either harley oem or takeoff, they will get abused. i can buy 5 or 6 sets of the takeoffs before i've spent what hd charges. (i got mine off of amazon for $100. i didn't need them painted as my bike is vivid black so that cut down on the cost substantially)

Nice looking RG (I like the chrome pipe on the otherwise blacked out bike). Just to confirm, are your from AB or a different Amazon product? If that latter, can you link which ones you bought? Any other parts needed to install? I am thinking about lowers but not sure I will like them so cheap from Amazon would be ideal and I can upgrade (if needed) after a year of testing them.

Old 01-29-2020 | 02:02 PM
Flyer903
|
Cruiser

I did put the order in for the Advanblack lowers color matched.

Now it's a hurry up and wait.

Just FYI .. if they suck it's ya'lls fault!

Old 01-29-2020 | 02:03 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Studlintsean
Nice looking RG (I like the chrome pipe on the otherwise blacked out bike). Just to confirm, are your from AB or a different Amazon product? If that latter, can you link which ones you bought? Any other parts needed to install? I am thinking about lowers but not sure I will like them so cheap from Amazon would be ideal and I can upgrade (if needed) after a year of testing them.

thanks. ​​​​​​​mine are not advan, they are off of amazon, but are virtually identical to the advanblack. i know this because i bought a set of the color matched advans for my wife's bike.

here's a link to the ones i bought:
Amazon Amazon

the only thing i bought to install these was the lower p-clamp. the one that comes with the lowers is a little smaller.

Last edited by skratch; 01-29-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2020 | 02:20 PM
EGS
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Flyer903
I did put the order in for the Advanblack lowers color matched.

Now it's a hurry up and wait.

Just FYI .. if they suck it's ya'lls fault!
You’ll like the Advanblack! Watch the video to see how to align them.

Old 01-29-2020 | 04:45 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

I bought the AB lowers a couple months ago. Fit was ok, paint was ok. Lost one of the glove box doors on the first ride. Bought some locking doors of Ebay for $20. They will eventually get speakers in them on my never ending audio quest.
I like them so far.

Old 01-29-2020 | 04:46 PM
Studlintsean
Road Warrior

thanks. mine are not advan, they are off of amazon, but are virtually identical to the advanblack. i know this because i bought a set of the color matched advans for my wife's bike.

here's a link to the ones i bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the only thing i bought to install these was the lower p-clamp. the one that comes with the lowers is a little smaller.
​​​​​​​Thanks.

Old 01-29-2020 | 05:31 PM
art0565
Road Master

Quick question, what kind of seat is that?

Old 01-29-2020 | 05:35 PM
art0565
Road Master

while the advan lowers can be a good value, there are a couple of things to be aware of. first, they aren't quite as thick as the hd oem. then there is the glove box. the hd oem are 'rubberized' while the ab are just a textured plastic. the issue above of the snaps won't apply to you since you have a rushmore, but on the rushmore style, you have the door opening mechanism that is prone to failure. mine did, both the gear mech and the door latch broke. not a problem though, i just replaced the door catch with a couple of rare earth magnets and it holds it pretty securely. the vent door opening/closing mech isn't as smooth as the hd either. mine is stiff enough that i cannot adjust it while riding, i have to pull over to do it. but that's a rarity, i usually have it adjusted where i want before i start.

would i buy the takeoffs again? sure i would. the lowers are down low, and close to the road so they are hit with all kinds of road debris. either harley oem or takeoff, they will get abused. i can buy 5 or 6 sets of the takeoffs before i've spent what hd charges. (i got mine off of amazon for $100. i didn't need them painted as my bike is vivid black so that cut down on the cost substantially)

...Lets try this again...
what seat is that?

Old 01-29-2020 | 06:22 PM
destination highway
Road Master

One thing you might want to pay attention to Flyer, is the bolt for attaching the bottom of the lower to the engine guard. I reused the stock ones that were on my old lowers cuz the one supplied by AB was unnecessarily long and the cap on it was a little small.

Old 01-29-2020 | 06:51 PM
Oldpaps
Intermediate

I also recently ordered and installed the advanblack lowers on my 2017 Street Glide. Ordered color-matched in Velocity Red Sunglo and the paint was absolutely perfect match! Easy install, just don't over tighten mounting bolts as like all lowers, they're all plastic. Look great, and saved a bunch over HD lowers. So far I haven't had any issues with the latch mechanism on the glove box doors. Love em!

Quick Reply: AdvanBlack Lower fairings