Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

User Review of the ITM HD1 ABS Bleeding tool

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 04:41 PM
rozemab
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by mskirwin
Nice review thank you. Do you know if it works with tmax ecm’s or doesn’t it matter?
TMAX ECM? Lost Me, sorry I would bet the 6 pin is compatible with it, if it is a HD design.

Reach out to the seller Josh. He can answer it.

Old 02-16-2020, 07:00 PM
blacktop37
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 54 Posts

I bought this last year. It did an excellent job on my 17 road king. I plan on changing the fluid every two years but I will exercise the pump once every year. I feel the problem is related to the pump never coming on, that is a big issue. THANK YOU TECH M !!!

The following users liked this post:
Goose_NC (04-06-2023)
Old 02-18-2020, 04:00 PM
rozemab
Cruiser

Update:

I like to keep my tools in a clean and safe place. For the HD1 I invested in this Harbor Freight case with custom interior padding. The case is about 5 inches thick so I can place the charger and outlet devices (to charge the tablet) underneath the tablet. The blue tooth adapter has its own place too. There is enough room to store one of those 'pencil' brake fluid tester as part of the bleeding kit. Seen them on amazon for about $10 US.

Case was $24 after the 30% off coupon. Very nice case for the money.

Pick-apart cube foam you can make custom fit pockets within the case. Bluetooth adapter is secure as well within the foam.

Deep enough to store the wall outlet charge and a 12v adapter plus the USB cable underneath the tablet.

Old 02-18-2020, 04:07 PM
rozemab
Cruiser

Originally Posted by blacktop37
I bought this last year. It did an excellent job on my 17 road king. I plan on changing the fluid every two years but I will exercise the pump once every year. I feel the problem is related to the pump never coming on, that is a big issue. THANK YOU TECH M !!!
Yes! I plan on exercising the ABS pump every year too! Peace of mind......

Last edited by rozemab; 02-18-2020 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:32 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

Originally Posted by rozemab
Update:

I like to keep my tools in a clean and safe place. For the HD1 I invested in this Harbor Freight case with custom interior padding. The case is about 5 inches thick so I can place the charger and outlet devices (to charge the tablet) underneath the tablet. The blue tooth adapter has its own place too. There is enough room to store one of those 'pencil' brake fluid tester as part of the bleeding kit. Seen them on amazon for about $10 US.

Case was $24 after the 30% off coupon. Very nice case for the money.

Pick-apart cube foam you can make custom fit pockets within the case. Bluetooth adapter is secure as well within the foam.

Deep enough to store the wall outlet charge and a 12v adapter plus the USB cable underneath the tablet.
very cool. What was the part number you got, or at least the dimensions

Old 02-18-2020, 05:18 PM
rozemab
Cruiser
Old 02-24-2020, 03:54 PM
Mark_FLHTCU
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great review of an outstanding tool. Jason, CEO and Lead App Development Engineer, is super helpful. He's put together a slick tool. Documentation and online support are clear and extremely helpful...plus he's always as close as an email or phone call if you have any questions.

He gets it...he's a biker and an app developer. I'm watching his website for other cool tools that may be in the works.

Last edited by Mark_FLHTCU; 02-24-2020 at 03:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rozemab (02-24-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 07:24 PM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

I just used the ITM HD1 ABS Bleeding tool tonight. First off, I started and had a problem with my user name/password. I sent an email and included my cell #. I got a call from Jason in less than 2 minutes!! After a brief conversation, I was back in action.
This tool works great, easy to use. Just read the directions and follow along, real easy.
I'm glad I bought it, and now have piece of mind that my brakes have been bleed correctly. I have bleed them before, but now my ABS portion has been bleed. FYI I have a 2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited. I bought the 4 pin unit ( website said 2009 to 2011, but I knew my bike is not CAN bus).
I highly recommend this product.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:09 PM
memphisharley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 466 Likes on 356 Posts

FYI I have a 2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited. I bought the 4 pin unit ( website said 2009 to 2011, but I knew my bike is not CAN bus).
I highly recommend this product.
so the 4 pin unit is up to 2013.
thanks

Old 02-25-2020, 08:51 PM
Steve Sportster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,258 Likes on 1,096 Posts

Thanks to OP! Good video from ITM. Will probably get one and do it myself. My bike is 2 years from manufacture date and 1.5 years since I bought it. Perfect timing!

Quick Reply: User Review of the ITM HD1 ABS Bleeding tool