Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test rode an 07 Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Crusher
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Test rode an 07 Road Glide

Planning on buying a RG around February then selling the Deuce after that. Can't wait.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:44 PM
SoCalFXSTI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did I say ROAD GLIDE!!!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 05:56 PM
waffler
Tourer

Strip any of the extras you put on your SG and put them on an 07 RG and if they won't fit sell them in the classified section. The dealer will end up giving you the same trade in they just flip flop the #s so it looks goodto you just my .02
good luck

Old 07-18-2007, 06:01 PM
scofield333
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=happybounce.gif] Hey I am not putting down anyother Harley..I love them all but if you do some long weekends than a roadie is for you. I test drove one and now over a year later I am still feelin the love...I just ordered a king tour pac for mine...got a few hundred miles to do over lador day..Like someone on here said...once bitten by the shark...you'll love it. Just make sure you are happy and you can't go wrong

[IMG]local://upfiles/33788/9F273AB3A2C44F9286FFF140DFD5E983.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Softtail Bob
Road Captain

I guess I'm one of the few that dislike the RG for the reasons most like it. I could not get use to the way the handlebars stuck up and out of the fairing so far (Goldwing like). And the radio felt sofar away it felt like I was setting on the back seat..lol.. Don't get me wrong it's a Harley and that alone makes me like it to some degree but it's just not for me.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:24 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So...... MM.....

What color is your new RG?

Old 07-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biggzed
BTW - One of the coolest features on my RG is the cruise control that comes standard. You can add it to the SG, but it's a $300 option iirc.

Good luck on your decision.
Not even an option for me. Mine is carbed.

And I must say you guys are not making it any easier. Went back in to show the wife the RG to see what she thinks. She sat on it and liked it. I like the fact that with the seat I can still flat foot. And I get the full range of suspension travel so the bumps are not an issue like they are on the SG. I looked at the deal again and they are going $1300 below MSRP. If I take that money and flip it back over on my trade they are giving me over $14k on trade. Which realistically is what it would sell for on ebay. Secondary market privately sold bikes do not move in this area at all. On top of all of the the wife can take the Rider's Edge course for free. And I get five free tire replacements for two years/unlimited miles. The dealer will also swap some of my parts onto the RG free of charge.

Not having to deal with wackos caling to look at the bike and never showing up. Or wanting to take it for a test ride: PRICELESS

Ok now I do have a few questions for all of you Roadie junkies. Does the dual headlight put alot more useable light on the road than a single or a single with passing lamps?? And how well does the RG reall handle in the twisties and the mountains. Is it going to be like night and day???

Old 07-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: PhilM

So...... MM.....

What color is your new RG?
If it is it will be black. All they have left is black and pewter. And their other dealership has one pewter.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:31 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Monstermile
Ok now I do have a few questions for all of you Roadie junkies. Does the dual headlight put alot more useable light on the road than a single or a single with passing lamps?? And how well does the RG reall handle in the twisties and the mountains. Is it going to be like night and day???
Having had both (EG & RG's), I give ya my experience....

The lighting on a RG is MUCH BETTER. The whole "the lights don't turn" thing is TOTAL BS. Both of my RG's light up the road better than either my EG or Heritage.

Handling.... You nailed it! Day & NIGHT! Yes the RG corners better in any/all conditions ~ at least, FOR ME.

btw - Black is good!

Old 07-18-2007, 07:25 PM
hdxbones
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Black RoadGlides are the fastest AND best handling bikes that HD makes!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/24603/F7DA93AE1F5547CCAB1CD7793BC233E3.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Test rode an 07 Road Glide