Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

glasses over glasses

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 05:33 PM
peacemaker
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: glasses over glasses

i'm a licensed optician,and have discovered a great pair of riding glasses for prescription wearers. made a pair for myself( a progressive bifocal wearer for many years) and they work very well!! Made by Liberty Optical called the Torque 1. 60 is the only size but will fit many!! has a foam backing to keep the wind out. Only drawback--the curve of the frame will keep anyone who has a very high plus prescription or an astigmatism over 1.50 to 2.00 to not be able to wear this frame, but also can be ordered in non-prescription as well. any optical shop should be able to order or research who can get them for you. hope this helps.--georgia rider

Old 07-20-2007, 05:38 PM
tizone
Tourer

Found some on Ebay... they look nice... Are they widely available at most optics shops like Lenscrafters?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget

Old 07-20-2007, 09:37 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

I have no problem wearing the ones sold by Wal-mart. I find them in the Jewelry Section. About $20. Come in green tint and yellow tint and different sizes. And you can try them on. The ones I buy are polarized.

Hack

Old 07-22-2007, 06:49 AM
MODCOBRA
Tourer

ORIGINAL: MODCOBRA

ORIGINAL: stubby

Coccoons are nice. I've been wearing them the last couple years. Good lenses. I need bi-focals, but if I didn't, be looking at prescrip. glasses.
I need bi-focals also on a normal basis... I talked to an eye doctor than sells a ton of pres. lenses on our sister site, 1130cc.com. He says you DO NOT need bi-focals when you ride the bike. I kinda agree so I ordered a pair of Panoptx (Bora) without bi-focals.... Should be here in a couple of daze. I will post how they work.........or not.

Ben Dorn
I got my new Panoptx glasses Friday and finally got to ride with them Saturday. The work great and you do NOT need bi-focals while riding. No air get thur and the light sensitive lenses work great.

Ben