Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 04:28 PM
scofield333
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tour Pak

I am thinking of putting a tour pak on my 06 R/G...can't make up mine mind on the King Tour Pak or the Chopped...Any one have any advice on this subject? I have never had a bike with a tour Pack

Thanks

Old 07-17-2007, 04:31 PM
JC650
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tour Pak

If you are going to put something on the back my opinion is to have the more useful of the two which is the king tour pack.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JC650

If you are going to put something on the back my opinion is to have the more useful of the two which is the king tour pack.
Exactly!!

Old 07-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I like the looks of the chopped tourpak better than the king tourpak on the Roadglide, but if you are two-up when you are on the road, get the king. I purchased a new-old-stock chopped unit from one of the local dealers here for about cost. Having it painted to match my bike. I usually am solo on tours and am looking forward to the detachability and getting rid of my 13 year old SAC.....but it did serve well....never leaked.
Be aware that if you do get the king unit and put a rack on the lid, try to keep the heavy stuff off of there.....you'll find as the center of gravity goes up, your handling and stability goes down.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:33 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master

I think I like the Chopped Tour Pak also

Old 07-17-2007, 07:53 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member

I just got back from a 2,700 mile / 6 day trip to the east coast, close to 1,400 of the miles were done in the rain. We had planned on doing a lot of camping and staying out a minimum of 9 days. Well, I have a chopped tour pak. It is not big enough if you plan on going out more then a couple of days with the bare minimum in camping gear. If you are to going on a trip, even just an over nighter with the little lady, I would suggest a king tour pak. I will keep my chopped tour pak for long weekend solo rides. But you can bet your azz that I will have a king tour pak with a rack on it before next summer. Sturgis is 1,200 miles away, and I plan on bringing camping gear!
I prefer the looks of the chopped pak, but you can never have enough storage!

BTW, I had put on the solo rack for the trip, boy was that nice to have a backrest for the ride!

Old 07-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Not to hijack the thread, but I know several couples that find towing a Bushtec or similar trailer is the only way they can haul all the camping gear they require. As for me, my idea of camping is Motel 6!

Old 07-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Law Dawg
Road Warrior

If your going to put out the coin make it worthwhile. Go with the king. The chopped isn't bad, but the goal here is space. King gives a bit mmore than the chopped.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:17 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: scofield333

I am thinking of putting a tour pak on my 06 R/G...can't make up mine mind on the King Tour Pak or the Chopped...Any one have any advice on this subject? I have never had a bike with a tour Pack
I picked the Chopped TP because I knew it would suffice for my solo riding. It has 2800 ci vs. the King's 3850 ci. The upside of the King is size, while the Chopped is lighter, looks better (subjective), and has a lower profile, so center of gravity is a bit lower. If you ride two-up I'd say definitely buy the King, but if you're a solo rider the Chopped may be enough.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:43 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

The chopped pac is sexy, but the king tour is "way" more functional. I installed a king tour on mine last week and think it's not only sexy, but big enough to load up forany weekend trip! Can't say enough about the extra room for helmuts and "schtuff". I like it!

Quick Reply: Tour Pak