Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trying to find pricing on new 2020 road glide special

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 04:49 PM
rrmdeuce
Stage III
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$27k is before negotiations, $23,500 is OTD price in CALIFORNIA (tax and license is about 10%) included in the $23,500 number.

The following users liked this post:
krabun (12-19-2019)
Old 12-15-2019, 04:54 PM
CoolBreeze3646
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 21,972 Likes on 7,616 Posts

Here you go, some information that is useful, knowing the dealer cost and how much markup there is.

Harley Davidson Motorcycle Touring Road Glide Special 2020

MSRP: $27,299.00
INVOICE: $22,931.00

https://seedealercost.com/power-spor...e/manufacturer

$25550.00 would be a good OTD price, all depends on how badly you want the bike and if they need to make a sale.. You may be able to do better or not. Always negotiate for a free 1000 mile service as part of the deal along with a couple of free tee shirts and 10% discount on doodad parts for your new ride.

The following 2 users liked this post by CoolBreeze3646:
a99miata (12-16-2019), ajcjr (12-15-2019)
Old 12-15-2019, 06:15 PM
Aitch
Tourer
Received 308 Likes on 144 Posts

Unless it has to be a 2020 you can usually get a much better deal on the previous year's model as they want to make room on the floor for the new year's bikes.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:15 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

Dealers are supposed to do warranty work on anything that has a factory warranty, but my local dealer refused warranty for me since I didn’t’t buy it there. I called the MOCO, and they told me ALL dealers have to provide factory warranty work.

After the call, I got an apology call from the owner of the local dealership, but I told them to pound sand. I went to another dealer for the work, and since they took care of me, I gave them a shot at another sale, and they stepped up in price so bought my wife’s bike form them.

It’s very different now at my local dealership since the Sales manager retired, they treat me right now. . . I may give them a shot next buying round.

When buying new, I checked inventory online to see who has what I want in stock, then visit them in person, and buy from the one who give me the best deal.

I will probably never buy new again after the warranty issues I had, as the warranty was the main reason I wanted new. I figured I would have 2 years of trouble free times. Even once I found a place that would do work, I had several things that I had to fight for after getting the “they all do that” answer.

Last edited by steelerdude1; 12-15-2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:24 PM
Aitch
Tourer
Received 308 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
Dealers are supposed to do warranty work on anything that has a factory warranty, but my local dealer refused warranty for me since I didn’t’t buy it there. I called the MOCO, and they told me ALL dealers have to provide factory warranty work.

After the call, I got an apology call from the owner of the local dealership, but I told them to pound sand. I went to another dealer for the work, and since they took care of me, I gave them a shot at another sale, and they stepped up in price so bought my wife’s bike form them.

It’s very different now at my local dealership since the Sales manager retired, they treat me right now. . . I may give them a shot next buying round.

When buying new, I check inventory online to see who has what I want in stock, then visit them in person, and buy from the one who give me the best deal.
Eff that dealership. The only reason they changed their tune was because you sicced corporate on them. And if you think that the sales manager (and service manager) didn't have the blessing of ownership when they were turning you away you're being naive. Unless going to another dealer is just a major hardship on you I'd never give them a penny of my money if I were you. And I would have made sure to send them a picture of your wife's new bike. Then again, it's hard for me to let go of a grudge. i'm working on that.😉

Last edited by Aitch; 12-15-2019 at 06:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ajcjr (12-15-2019)
Old 12-15-2019, 07:36 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
i did a search but unless i am doing it wrong i couldnt find what some are paying for the 2020 road glide special in orange w grey. Any negotiating tips?
Not knowing what part of the world you are from, it is hard to offer any advice. However, if you want to visit Central Florida I can recommend a dealer that will give you a good deal. Usually a significant discount from MSRP. I know a lot of out-of-state riders come down this way to purchase their bikes.

You might want to remember, the Road and Street Glide Specials are very bare bones bikes so you might want to see what upgrade items you want right away and try to negotiate the best prices for them at time of purchase..

Last edited by FrankEV; 12-15-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 08:03 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

It's all location, location, location!!! This time of year, you'll get wildly different offers from my neck of the cornfield vs California or Florida. I'm sure how everyone on here is going to harp about how they got "the deal of a lifetime," but you wont know until you put out the bait and see how the dealers bite.

Old 12-16-2019, 08:44 AM
sumncguy
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy
Received 272 Likes on 168 Posts

https://seedealercost.com/power-spor...e/manufacturer

I think this is really what your looking for .. when negotiating .. start from invoice up not msrp down .. This really needs to be a sticky. If the link dont work click on Powersports the select Harley 2020 from the drop down.

Last edited by sumncguy; 12-16-2019 at 08:46 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by sumncguy:
a99miata (12-16-2019), ajcjr (12-16-2019)
Old 12-16-2019, 02:38 PM
rcn1963
Tourer
Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

An additional note on getting upgrades included in the original purchase. If they are already installed when you take delivery of the bike, then they may be covered under the factory warranty. In my case, I had slip ons and the alarm system installed prior to delivery, which means they are covered by the bikes factory and extended warranty. The value of that depends on what you are upgrading. Having a radio upgrade covered could be a big deal. Slip ons...probably not so much.

Old 12-16-2019, 05:10 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,645 Likes on 1,123 Posts

Originally Posted by rrmdeuce
$27k is before negotiations, $23,500 is OTD price in CALIFORNIA (tax and license is about 10%) included in the $23,500 number.
Not really giving us much information here on your deal. Did that also include a custom color, RDRS, and the premium radio? What was the MSRP on your bike?

Quick Reply: trying to find pricing on new 2020 road glide special