Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW pipe black or chrome you be the judge!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:28 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: NEW pipe black or chrome you be the judge!

I was thinking chrome, no doubt. Then I saw the photoshop pic, I gotta say, I think a gloss back jet hot treatment would be the way to go. Doing that makes the chrome engine really stand out. Looks great, IMO. And you never answered the question as to what you want to do with your old pipes?

Old 07-18-2007, 02:44 AM
onlythebest
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like its neck and neck. I was going to go chrome when I found out the finish from D&D was satin but then I called Jetcoat and I think I may go that route. They have a gloss rated at 1300 deg so that should do it.

Thanks for the photoshop job! Also for the red pipe and OTB shield idea (shooter) but thats to pimp for me. The bike has enough red in it now. I think the gloss black would frame the engine well and look good not to mention the added numbers I will gain from a 2 into 1.

Thanks for all the help!

Shooter I will give you a ring later today (wednesday) after I talk to Jetcoat. I will have to get you to shipthe pipeto them if thats possible.

The old pipes are for sale but it will be a while before I can get them shipped. Probably two weeks or so. They were brand new in Jan of this year. The right end cap has the typical purple tint to it but can be replaced by calling BUB free of charge. Other that that they are in great shape with no visible heavy scratches. When I got the Tmax and tried to instal the long sensors that come with itI had an issue with the location of the right sideheader bung placement and had to relocate it. Well after two welders got their hands on it I ended up with three bungs, the original (plugged) the second one (welded in the wrong spot plugged) and the final one welded up good. The first welder welded the bung with the heat shield on it and dam near burned a hole through it leaving a small blue spot in the shield near the front head about the size of an erasure head (not very noticable). The three bungs in the header makes it look like "Frankenpipe" but its not visible unless you get down on your knees and look upright at it. The pipes are great and I will probably kick myself for switching. I love the balanced look of the duals but I really want the performance over looks.

PM me with an offer. I am out of the country and the bike is at the shop getting the engine torn down. As soon as my new pipe arrives at the dealer I will have my wife pick up the Rineharts and mail them off to whoever wants them. You pay the shipping.

Thanks again for the help deciding!

Old 07-18-2007, 04:31 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For your bike, black.