Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

360 Brake Update Pt. 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 12:05 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 360 Brake Update Pt. 2

I was looking at the brake system for my RKC, but now I don't know. I have P&M rims and wanted to show them off, but braking is way more inportant than showing off something. I hope 360 gets this fixed.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:16 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: murph

I was looking at the brake system for my RKC, but now I don't know. I have P&M rims and wanted to show them off, but braking is way more inportant than showing off something. I hope 360 gets this fixed.
You could always go with a proven single disc set up. This would leave the right side of your wheel exposed. Get a 6 piston caliper, and 13" rotor, and you should have plenty of stopping power. Plus, I bet PM makes a matching 13" rotor for whatever wheel you have.

I, too, love the 360 look, but I would wait before buying one. Also, there is a perimeter braking system out there that looks interesting, but I think you might have to use their wheel, but I am not sure about that.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:44 PM
acedantinne
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howard,

Just curious......you got a dawg in this hunt.......and the 360 brake was designed around a airplane brake.....but hell what do I know....you have carbon fiber wheels......kinda of waste on but a busa.....but hey...everyone has an opinion, and if nobody uses 6 piston calipers.....just curious why is this on your website.........

Price of complete unit as described for 28 ½” inverted front end:

[ul]6-Piston side mount calipers: $1,900.00[*]Ask for upgraded coatings or chroming. Other accessories are available to complete your build, just ask
[/ul]

< Message edited by shooter64 -- 7/16/2007 8:44:46 PM >

Sound like a shoot out.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

ORIGINAL: acedantinne

Howard,

Just curious......you got a dawg in this hunt.......and the 360 brake was designed around a airplane brake.....but hell what do I know....you have carbon fiber wheels......kinda of waste on but a busa.....but hey...everyone has an opinion, and if nobody uses 6 piston calipers.....just curious why is this on your website.........

Price of complete unit as described for 28 ½” inverted front end:
[ul]6-Piston side mount calipers: $1,900.00[*]Ask for upgraded coatings or chroming. Other accessories are available to complete your build, just ask [/ul]

< Message edited by shooter64 -- 7/16/2007 8:44:46 PM >

Sound like a shoot out.
acedantinne What was the purpose of posting this? I will be happy to answer any and all questions, however, this posting that I made was not about a 360 brake, please re-read. It was about a 21" wheel only.

If you were to copy & paste comments, please post all comments to get the whole picture.
I do not slam any other persons products, let all persons involved work it out.

Yes, I manufacturer carbon fiber wheels (have them made for me after I had the mold made). Yes I manufacture my own front forks. Yes, I am at the rallies with all my products on bikes.

We use the track to test everything before hand and I have a tested product available before comming to the market. My products are made to handle speeds in excess of 200 mph every weekend, week in and week out. I make products to win and not for looking.

As far as Bart (shooter64) goes, he did everything humanly possible and stood up like a man. He stood by his customers. He is not the manufacturer but he gave a warrantee for a product he believed in. What more can you ask of anyone?

What no one else knows is; we were interested in this product as it was origionally designed for race bikes. This was long before this post. Much less rotating mass than my Metal Matrix Composite Ceramic 1.6 Lb rotors (11.5"). Again, it is only importaint who wins.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29413/F34AD61220E14A2DBCA06DE991CCA74B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-27-2007, 09:52 PM
2smoooth
Road Captain

OK.. so I am running headfirst into the "stupid question" arena here, but oh well!

The single (left side) PM 6 piston caliper looks like a nice option, and will really accomplish what I am after in opening up the view of some custom wheels. My question for those of you who have already done this.. With the current dual disc setup I have the mounting points for the caliper on the right side. Is there a replacement right lower fork (without the mounting points)that I need to purchase to finish the project?

Thanks,
John

Old 12-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Road King Kong
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 2smoooth

OK.. so I am running headfirst into the "stupid question" arena here, but oh well!

The single (left side) PM 6 piston caliper looks like a nice option, and will really accomplish what I am after in opening up the view of some custom wheels. My question for those of you who have already done this.. With the current dual disc setup I have the mounting points for the caliper on the right side. Is there a replacement right lower fork (without the mounting points)that I need to purchase to finish the project?

Thanks,
John
Try http://www.nativecustombaggers.com/ they have single sided legs