Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

As requested...ZUMO PICS

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:41 AM
pfd161
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As requested...ZUMO PICS

The Zumo comes with 2 different ways to mount it on the motorcycle, plus a mount for the car. Because I have Chubby bars, the ram mount U clamp would not fit on my bars. I hated the control mount location (Zumo too bulky for there) so I purchased this Chrome mount from Cyclegadgets.com. It is the Techmount. Very Very nice mount may get another for my sirius (using Zumo control ram mount now)

Close up of Techmount....

Everything mounted

Sideview of mount with Zumo

I have the power run into the fairing and hard wired (tx MUC) and also have an Aux cable run to my radio. As you can see, I have 2 aux cables, one for the Sirius and one for the Zumo. 99% of the time I prefer the Sirius...but have the ability to plug in the Zumo to hear MP3's or Directions over the radio. I tried a 2:1 adapter from radio shack. I could only hear 1 device at a time...one or the other had to be turned OFF in order to hear anything. If They may make an adapter that will allow passthrough of both signals thru the AUX in on the radio...if you know of one please let me know.

You CAN use your blue tooth headset and have the music/nav/phone directed out to the headset (can't hear it at speed anyways) found that I didn't need it because the Zumo tells you right on the screen how far until the next turn with both text and pics. Also, supposedly, the Zumo only outputs in MONO not STEREO to bluetooth...Not totally convinced I shouldn't have gone with the 450 as all the extra's take some time to get used to and may even be more of a hassle than they are worth...

This techmount is infinately adjustable. Just make sure you get everything ULTRA TIGHT and where you want it...had to take the cradle off the mount 3 different times for adjustments and to tighten stuff I didn't tighten enough. VERY NICE MOUNT.

http://www.techmounts.com/products/i...;product_id=69

All in all, I feel that the money spent on the ZUMO was some of the best money I could have spent. I used to get stressed about getting lost or taking a wrong turn...no more. If you are on the fence, seriously think about if you need all the extra's and perhaps save some money and get the 450. Just GET IT! You will be amazed. (btw I do like having the voice NAV in the CAR so that may just justify getting the 550).

Need any more larger pics/info please feel free to post/pm.

Dennis

Old 07-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Big Dog
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: As requested...ZUMO PICS

Sir do you use this unit in your other vehicles also???

Old 07-16-2007, 09:53 AM
pfd161
Cruiser

Yes absolutely. The car mount is a suction mount and the mount has a built in Speaker and Mic. Very nice and simple to switch between vehicles.
Dennis

Old 07-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Big Dog
Road Master

thanks, was it hard to wire?? Can a normal guy do it or did u take to a professional installer???

Old 07-16-2007, 10:26 AM
pfd161
Cruiser

It took less than 5 minutes...MaineUltraClassic wired it in for me. He has his sirius hardwired...he just took the front fairing off, found a connection, and connected it. 2 wires. I understand there are plenty of places to connect the power to. Someone else please chime in here ...
Dennis

Old 07-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Big Dog
Road Master

thanks you otta be a salesman for the company...........

Old 07-16-2007, 10:35 AM
pfd161
Cruiser

nah just trying to pass on some honest information.
the biggest issue I am having is with the Bluetooth...
connects to my phone fine...but my headset seems hit or miss if it's gonna work.
still trying to figure out the bugs.

I didn't even cover the mapping software/route creation. I simple took it out of the box, typed in an address, and clicked go.
Will be nice to make my own route avoiding highways and planning scenic routes.

Dennis

Old 07-16-2007, 11:49 AM
jlelliott
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I also have a Zumo on my Ultra. Love it. Use it in the car too.

Re Bluetooth: I like it in the car. Gives me hands free phone, caller ID, etc right on the Zumo. On the bike I don't feel compelled to make/take calls BUT I still enable the Bluetooth link to my phone so I can see if I get a call on the screen, who it is from, etc. I just ignore the call and if necessaryreturn it at my next fuel stop. I don't use the voice prompts on the bike either....the visuals are more than adequate.

I wired mine into a 12V plug and plug it into the cig lighter socket. I did it this way because when the GPS is not on the bike I don't want any power cords, mounts or anything else on the bike. All I have left on the bike when I remove the GPS is the RAM ball which is very unobtrusive.

I agree with pfd161, it is a great unit. If you think you want one this is the one to get.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:44 PM
leond
Cruiser

Aerostich has mixers that will allow multiple units to connect to one device. It may be overkill as they also do a lot more.

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/...p-1-c-431.html

LeonD

Old 07-16-2007, 12:49 PM
coyotedata
Cruiser

I also have the Zumo. I used an antenna Y cable and an RF modulator to get my zumo audio. When I want to listen to the zumo (or the mp3s on the Zumo) I just go to FM and set the channel to 89.9 and listen that way. This keeps me from having any cables to plug into the AUX port. Works very well.

Quick Reply: As requested...ZUMO PICS