Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

As requested...ZUMO PICS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: As requested...ZUMO PICS

ORIGINAL: cwilks

I just ordered a 450 from Abe's of Maine..............it comes with ALL the mounts for your scooter (doesn't come with car mounts) you don't need to buy anything else if your going to just use it on your scooter................$489 shipped
I've had my 450 for about a week and a half, choosing it over the 550 because the extra cost for bluetooth wasn't worth it to me. I hardwired mine to the ACC switch on my road glide. The biggest problem with the 450 is that you're gonna want to use it in every vehicle you own, and Garmin's auto mounts aren't cheap. I bought another bike power cord and stuck a lighter plug on it and when I want to use it in the car I pull the mount and all off the bike, leaving the bike wire.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:30 AM
verwoodspring
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the Techmount for my Garmin - it is a much neater job.

I am about to get rid of my Heritage and go for an Ultra Standard. When I wire the power to the Garmin - is it easy enough to take a feed of the "ACC" switch?

Also, as I have no radio on the new bike - I plan to re-use my Starcom intercom with the Zumo. This combination works really well on my Heritage - although I did have interferance issues at first due to the position of the starcom/audio leads etc. In the end, I had to put the starcom on the tank (in a pouch) to keep it away from the stuff under the seat.

I don't suppose you (or anyone else) has fitted an intercom/zumo to an Ultra Standard? If so, where did you put it?

PS I did post this question elsewhere, but I promise to respond! THanks.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Just sold my Garmin 2720 and going with 550....thinking of mounting a RAM ball right between the speedo and tach on the inner fairing. All that would show when not in use would be a small black ram ball....anyone use this area? Would also put the GPS just below my line of sight.....just thinking out loud.

Looks like a great unit...

Thanks all

Old 09-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't use a radio on a motorcycle, so I just removed the radio from the RG & built a bracket & plate to fill the hole, & mounted my Zumo 550 dead center. For sound from the GPS I use Scala's "Rider Team Set". It provides helmet mounted bluetooth to the Zumo for me, & wireless intercom for me & my wife. YMMV....

Old 09-10-2007, 08:22 PM
mp99
6th Gear

Now all you need is a Sun Shield from Cyclegadgets.com - just order the one for the Garmin StreetPilot. Get some industrial strength velcro and it fits great. Makes a big difference!!

By the way, this is a terrific GPS for motorcycles (and cars). Most of myfriends with other GPS units are slowly upgrading to this model.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:37 PM
dionne51
Road Captain

Fester,
Doesn't that limit your bars range of travel? When I was setting mine up I toyed with this sort of setup and the unit would hit the tank pretty good.