Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering Exhaust soon....any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ordering Exhaust soon....any thoughts?

Setting up my 1000 mile servicenext weekand was planning on ordering a true duel exhaust system to help keep the engine cooler as well as my legs too. Dealer suggested Rinehart True Duels with a SE air cleaner and SERT. I've read severalthreads from folksthat like the Rinehart's. I'm not into a real loud sounding exhaust and I'm wondering if there may be another good quality true duel out there that i haven't considered yet. I don't mind spending the money on a quality system as long as it will work with the bike. I also like the slash cut design of thestock pipes on the bike now. Would appreciate any input you would have.

[IMG]local://upfiles/36088/A0E846B0900D49B19C335A6BB7CB71B5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-15-2007, 08:46 PM
WORKD4IT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ordering Exhaust soon....any thoughts?

It seems alot are running V/H but I wanted to be a little different and thats why I went with Bassani flipped scallop cut. Check out the power curve from them as well. Thats next on my list of goodies. Not to loud and just enough bark to put a big ol' grin on your face. Good luck with your choice!!

Old 07-15-2007, 10:31 PM
takeiteasy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know you are asking about a set of True Duals as was I, but due to cost I settled on a set of Rush slipons with 2" bafflesand I am very happy with them. Good luck.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:36 PM
hogdad
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Pick your slip ons, run them for a while then add a fulsac true dual kit for half the price of actual pipes and get the same killer result. Good bet is a Rush slip on in 1.75 or 2.00 inchthen add Aircleaner and PC3 or SERT then fulsac true duals. When the mufflers burn in they sound great under a load or when your tearing *** through the gears but quiet enough on the highway in 5th at 65-70 to still rumble but hear the radio. I'm running what I described and my search is over.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:06 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run Bassini's. Deep warm sound that doesnt drowned out the tunes.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:31 AM
dumoore
Cruiser

I just went though the same process. I went and listened to a lot of bikes and ended up with the V&H dresser duals and Supertrapp SE slip-ons. The sound is perfect for me. Much lower than stock with a little more volume. I also installed a K&N breather and PC-III. I ordered everything from Jamie at Fuel-Moto except the dresser duals, they came from Eastern Performance. Jamie pre-loaded the map and it was perfect. The bike runs great, no decel popping or hard starting.
If you have any mechanical skills, I would suggest that you do the installation yourself.It's a good way to get in tune with your bike not to mention saving $75 per hour at the dealer. There are plenty of good people and resources on this forum that can guide you through the process.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:37 AM
rivercityslim
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

I see endless posts here about exhaust for 2007 bikes. Does anybody here run an older bike or know about exhaust options for an 89 Ultra? I'm having trouble finding info about this via Google. Everything comes up as 'fits 95 - 07'. I'm sure somebody must still be making mufflers that fit this bike.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:44 AM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: rivercityslim

Does anybody here run an older bike or know about exhaust options for an 89 Ultra?
If you change the brackets under the saddlebag and cut the lip off your head pipes,
you can run any of the new exhausts on your 89. I've done this to my 84 and it
works great.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:10 AM
Ragu
Advanced

My 07 SG w/true-duals Fulsac and Rush 2.25" slip-ons.
Stage 1dl with big sucker air filter.

[8D]

Old 07-16-2007, 07:30 AM
98custom
Intermediate

dpa, do you have any photos of the rush pipes? I have been looking for someone with this system. How is the soud?

Quick Reply: Ordering Exhaust soon....any thoughts?