Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camelbak Hydration System

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Grayhawk
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camelbak Hydration System

I ordered a Camelback hydration system that goes around your waist like a fannie pack. I am going t use it to stay hydrated during my california trip from Kentucky. Has anyone ever used this and how did it work? I use one when I go dirt bike riding but it straps on my back. The waist one holds 48 ounzes of fluid. I am hopin this will keep me from getting dehydrated.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:08 AM
kurtlange
Tourer
Default RE: Camelbak Hydration System

should work fine. i use a cb for mtbing, trail work and skiing. i got the saddlebag guard bags that hold a water bottles but i had thought of using a 50-70 oz cb and strapping it to the backrest of my seat.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:39 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we used the dickens out of them in Iraq in 120+ degree heat and they were a life saver. shouldn't be a problem using it on your trip.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:24 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Grayhawk

I ordered a Camelback hydration system that goes around your waist like a fannie pack. I am going t use it to stay hydrated during my california trip from Kentucky. Has anyone ever used this and how did it work? I use one when I go dirt bike riding but it straps on my back. The waist one holds 48 ounzes of fluid. I am hopin this will keep me from getting dehydrated.
Haven't seen these. Have a link? Would it get in the way of the seat or backrest?

Old 07-15-2007, 01:44 PM
gene01
Road Captain

I use the regular mountain bike version, 100 ounces of liquid, fill with ice to the top then put with crystal lite hydration, very cofortable for the whole day of riding, will be using it again this week going from San Diego to Mamoth Mountain in Northern California, about 450 miles each way, goinf through the desert and itis a must have item... bought the new one about 3 months ago on sale at Big5 Sporting goods for 40.00 the last one was almost 100.00... what a deal...

Old 07-15-2007, 01:50 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: gene01

I use the regular mountain bike version, 100 ounces of liquid, fill with ice to the top then put with crystal lite hydration, very cofortable for the whole day of riding, will be using it again this week going from San Diego to Mamoth Mountain in Northern California, about 450 miles each way, goinf through the desert and itis a must have item... bought the new one about 3 months ago on sale at Big5 Sporting goods for 40.00 the last one was almost 100.00... what a deal...
How would this work with a backrest?

Old 07-15-2007, 05:30 PM
kurtlange
Tourer

google, it's wunnerful thing... http://www.camelbak.com/index.cfm

look at the hydrobak, rogue, unbottles, stowaway, etc. the smaller ones could use the straps to hold them on the back of your backrest.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:31 PM
hogdad
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

A guy I work with uses these on SWAT trainingmissions. They work great but he looks like a nut sucking that hose.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:24 PM
gene01
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: iclick

ORIGINAL: gene01

How would this work with a backrest?
The one that I actually use is called a mule, it has reflective on the back as it is designed for bikes, it holds 100 ounces it is probably 18 inches tall, 4 inches thick and maybe 8 inches wide, I use a backrest and have no problem with it.... if you go to big5, you can get them for half price as they think the season is over for sales..... about 50.00 on sale.... I use it all of the time.I love going through the deserts....

Old 07-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Grayhawk
Advanced

Do you strap it on your back and then lean against the backrest? If so, it seems like it would prevent you from leaning your back against the backrest.

Quick Reply: Camelbak Hydration System