Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IOS13 CarPlay phone audio issue boom Gts

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 01:26 AM
Braulio
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apple released the latest update 13.3.1, but calls through Carplay still do not work

Old 01-29-2020, 09:02 AM
Harleyrlb
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I am happy, so to speak, that this forum exists. I thought the reported problem was maybe just my phone. I trade up every year for the new iPhone when they come out. My iPhone 10 worked just fine with the CarPlay on my bike. With the riding season winding down in Michigan in late September I picked up an iPhone 11 Pro max. Right away I noticed I could no longer use the phone plugged into the GTS Boombox for phone calls. I could answer the call and hear the person on the other end, but I could not speak with them. Had to unplug the phone on the fly while riding to actually use the phone. The problem has to be in part with HD software as my iPhone 11 Pro Max works just fine on my new 2020 Jeep. Obviously the HD software is recognizing the phone as an "iPod" when plugged in. I recall with my iPhone 10 I didn't even need to pair the phone with the boombox in order to use the phone as long as it was plugged in. I think this is how CarPlay is supposed to work. However it doesn't on my bike. Has anyone tried unpairing their iPhone 11 and then see if the phone would work plugged into the boombox? I would try it but my bike is in storage for the winter.

Old 02-09-2020, 09:04 PM
TxDeuce
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I'm a little late to the game but pretty much experiencing the same thing everyone else is: iphone 11 pro running iOS 13, bluetooth calls work just fine with Harley 30K headset on a 2020 Road Glide Limited with XM and WHIM modules. But as soon as I hardwire into USB for CarPlay, everything except phone audio for over 30K works. Took into dealership and we tried older phone and CarPlay worked just fine.

Just started riding new Harley but looking forward to fix.. Thanks.

Old 02-11-2020, 05:23 PM
ajcjr
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

thank you all for the information throughout this thread. For some reason i cant get car play to pop up on my screen and im not speaking about making calls. I had the dealer flash the system like it said to in this youtube video

i updated my boomboxgts software, when i plug my phone into the radio it still will not work. I dont care about phone calls i would like apple car play for my music and maps.I have a 2020 RGS and a Iphone 11ProMax, should all the other functions work?
Thank you

Old 02-11-2020, 05:48 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
thank you all for the information throughout this thread. For some reason i cant get car play to pop up on my screen and im not speaking about making calls. I had the dealer flash the system like it said to in this youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u2U2Hr1TCg

i updated my boomboxgts software, when i plug my phone into the radio it still will not work. I dont care about phone calls i would like apple car play for my music and maps.I have a 2020 RGS and a Iphone 11ProMax, should all the other functions work?
Thank you
I think I read that no longer works on the 2020 radios. It has a different part number. But I can’t remember exactly where I saw/heard it. If it were me the first place I’d start is the lighting cable.

Old 02-11-2020, 05:56 PM
ajcjr
Tourer

Originally Posted by craigffb
I think I read that no longer works on the 2020 radios. It has a different part number. But I can’t remember exactly where I saw/heard it. If it were me the first place I’d start is the lighting cable.
thank you, im not going to touch the cables, not that good with electronics. the dealer flashed it but they didnt know anything about it as well.

Old 02-11-2020, 06:26 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
thank you, im not going to touch the cables, not that good with electronics. the dealer flashed it but they didnt know anything about it as well.
LOL!!!! The lightning cable Bro. The cable that you plugged into the USB in the glove box so you could plug it into your phone. If it’s not a change/sync (MFi) cable it’s not gonna activate CarPlay.

Swap it out with another and see if you have better luck

Old 02-11-2020, 06:35 PM
ajcjr
Tourer

Originally Posted by craigffb
LOL!!!! The lightning cable Bro. The cable that you plugged into the USB in the glove box so you could plug it into your phone. If it’s not a change/sync (MFi) cable it’s not gonna activate CarPlay.

Swap it out with another and see if you have better luck
thanks, i am using a standard cable that i use in my car. Should i use something like this
Amazon Amazon

Old 02-12-2020, 07:28 AM
streetglide2019
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

do you have a WHIM installed ?

Old 02-26-2020, 09:55 PM
streetglide2019
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I tweeted to HD too. they responded. This he twitter conversation is here
please do reply on this so HD sees the interest in public.

Last edited by streetglide2019; 02-26-2020 at 10:06 PM.

Quick Reply: IOS13 CarPlay phone audio issue boom Gts