Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IOS13 CarPlay phone audio issue boom Gts

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 08:51 PM
harleydude-fla
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by harleydude-fla
I have the same issue with the Bluetooth and my iPhone 11. I had the Verizon store exchange for another phone but have not tried it yet. It worked fine in my Jeep Cherokee but not able to use on the Harley.

I too am going to try turning off the noise cancellation feature and hope for the best. I connected my wifes 6S up and it worked fine with it.

UPDATE: Turning Noise Cancelling OFF DID NOT FIX the Problem. Same problem with both iPhone 11’s.
I guess I’ll borrow the wife’s phone when I ride, hope they get the issue fixed soon as the 11 is their current model. As stated above, both worked fine in our car.

Old 12-04-2019, 11:51 PM
Jay Richards
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE: Turning Noise Cancelling OFF DID NOT FIX the Problem. Same problem with both iPhone 11’s.
I guess I’ll borrow the wife’s phone when I ride, hope they get the issue fixed soon as the 11 is their current model. As stated above, both worked fine in our car.

I’m currently having the same problem with my new 11. I just spent over one hour chatting with Apple and they are blaming H-D for the problem. Would really like this fixed. Everything works great in my truck.

Last edited by Jay Richards; 12-04-2019 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:41 PM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Thanks for the update

Old 12-06-2019, 10:08 AM
harleydude-fla
Cruiser

12/6/19 Update: I spoke with Apple and Harley this morning about the iPhone 11 Problem.
Harley Customer Service Rep. reported that they are aware of the issue and are Working on the resolution to fix it. He did not offer a timeframe for the fix but recommended that we just check the HD Website and see if there is a new update for the GTS System. Until Then - Guess we will have to do without OR just ignore all incoming calls and call them back at the next rest stop or whatever.

I Recommend that anyone that is considering updating or purchasing the iPhone 11 to wait until this issue is resolved. !!!!!!

Old 12-13-2019, 12:47 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

With the iOS 13.3 update, the following works... Go to settings. Uncheck mirroring. Plug your phone in. You will now be able to make phone calls etc, while plugged in. It will be through the boom GTS software, NOT car play. Car play still does not work for phone calls.
At least it's a work around, until another update is offered.

Old 12-20-2019, 08:49 AM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by greg09997
With the iOS 13.3 update, the following works... Go to settings. Uncheck mirroring. Plug your phone in. You will now be able to make phone calls etc, while plugged in. It will be through the boom GTS software, NOT car play. Car play still does not work for phone calls.
At least it's a work around, until another update is offered.
I found that I can unplug the USB cable while the phone is ringing and it will then auto route to the bluetooth (now that bluetooth works right with the latest iOS). This is better for me so I can still use the Carplay features. It will be nice when one day it all works as it should.

Old 01-15-2020, 07:40 AM
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 5,814 Likes on 2,379 Posts

New Boom GTS software has dropped, have you guys tried it yet?

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...ts-update.html

EDIT: Apparently it's not really an update - see the discussion in the above thread.

Last edited by 702; 01-15-2020 at 09:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MilesOfTexas (01-21-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 08:31 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Same Problem

I have the same issue. It looks it's an iPhone problem that's unique to the iPhone 11. I tried it with my wife's iPhone 10 and it worked perfectly. Then I tried my 11 Pro Max, etc and it was a no go. I even went so far as to replace my phone thinking it was the phone itself, and still have the same problem. Can't figure out why it's just the 11 and not the 10., they both are using the same OS 13.3

Originally Posted by vedavyasa@gmail.com
I found a new issue with the HD Boom Audio GTS and iOS13. . With the new iOS13 the CarPlay phone call does not work, all other features including voice to text, text to voice, music, maps, WhatsApp calls etc works. I use a wired iPhone connection to the bike and a wireless boom audio 30K headset. Tried everything including software update, WHIM update etc. Informed HD customer care. Tried with an older version iOS phone and it works well. It’s also funny, the phone audio works (very low volume) on Bluetooth when I remove the wired connection of the phone to the bike. I was wondering if anyone else finds this issue ?

Old 01-17-2020, 07:59 PM
harleydude-fla
Cruiser

Since it has been month(s) and the CarPlay Issue STILL Has Not Been Resolved it is apparent that we need to start calling Apple and Harley Customer Service people and ramp up out dislikes and seemingly their Lack of Concern in fixing the problem with CarPlay and iPhone 11 Models. It was an Apple ios firmware update that resolved the phone issue using Bluetooth and probably Apple needs to get it straightened out too.

The following users liked this post:
Gonzy (01-19-2020)
Old 01-21-2020, 07:16 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Since it has been month(s) and the CarPlay Issue STILL Has Not Been Resolved it is apparent that we need to start calling Apple and Harley Customer Service people and ramp up out dislikes and seemingly their Lack of Concern in fixing the problem with CarPlay and iPhone 11 Models. It was an Apple ios firmware update that resolved the phone issue using Bluetooth and probably Apple needs to get it straightened out too.
Called HD today to convey my displeasure with this carplay situation. They wanted a ton of information from me including pictures of my software and hardware versions on my trike. They also wanted screen shots of my call routing on my phone (which it does not have). He said this will light a fire under the engineers to fix it. He did say they know about the problem. I was not happy with jumping through hoops for the information they wanted. I told him to have them go buy an iPhone 11 and then any iPhone below that (10, 10r, 8,7) and figure it out already!
I also sent them a video of my testing with my iPhone 11 and then my wife's 10r. itworks fine with hers but not mine.
One thing I did see is when I adjust the boom volume during a call with my wife's iPhone 10r it says "PHONE" and when I do it during a call with my iPhone 11 it says "TUNER/MEDIA"
I would call it a hardware issue on an iPhone 11 but it works perfectly in my SUV.

Smitty

Quick Reply: IOS13 CarPlay phone audio issue boom Gts