Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Twin Slash fitted to a 2019 Road King, here's my thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2019 | 11:31 AM
snerkler
|
Tourer
Default V&H Twin Slash fitted to a 2019 Road King, here's my thoughts.

As some will be aware I've been ''stressing' over which slip ons to buy as I wanted some that made the exhaust louder so that I can hear it, but without being over bearing/obnoxious. After lots of research I settled on the twin slash by Vance and Hines as from the videos I watched (not the best way to listen to sounds I know) I preferred the burble of these over others, and I also like the look of them more then the straight cut finish like those on the hi outputs and monsters (personal preference).

This afternoon I got them fitted (the rest of the bike is stock, no retune) and first impressions are really good, in fact they're verging on perfect for what I wanted. Despite being Vance and Hines these pipes are not loud, when riding you can hear yourself think and you can still hear external noise. How I would sum them up is that they are noticeably different from stock but not significantly louder. They are deeper, they definitely make the bike sound more Harley, and they are just that bit louder than stock that you can hear them and enjoy them. Initially I thought to myself that if anything I wish they were a couple of decibels louder but after about 30 mins I'm sure they got that fraction louder and deeper, to the point I'd say they are nigh on perfect. I should point out that I wear a full face helmet with ear plugs, and they actually sound better/deeper with the visor closed, even at 20-30mph, I guess the helmet removes some of the higher tones? The pipes also look great, and sound really great at idle.

A couple of things that I found surprising/didn't think about is that they've slightly changed the balance of the bike, I'm guessing they're heavier than stock so I'll add a touch more preload. Also, I could swear the bike feels a touch perkier on the throttle.

So to summarise, if you're looking for really loud pipes where people can hear you from several blocks away then these aren't for you, at least not as slip ons only. However, if you are looking for a pipe that makes your bike sound far more like a Harley, gets rid of the sewing machine sound and are a little bit louder than stock then I'd absolutely recommend these slip ons.

I'm not going to post a video of the sound as, having watched numerous videos myself, they really don't do the sound justice imo.