Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT canned map question

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007 | 08:58 PM
gunrunner
|
Elite HDF Member
Default SERT canned map question

Who is running a SERT with just one of the furnished canned maps and how does it do? Ive decided to go SERT on my 07 street glide but want to set it up now then later after 1k maybe if need be have it dyno tuned. I have vance/hines ovals and big sucker AC.

Old 07-14-2007 | 09:05 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: SERT canned map question

Mine "ran" fine with the canned map and CLB tables maxed to 798mV, however, it was kinda flat on the bottom to mid......lacking a little oooomph. Other than that....no problem.

Do you have access to a good tuner when you are ready to dyno?

Old 07-14-2007 | 10:14 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

Gunrunner, I have a SERT on my '06 SG. I had it dynoed 2x and was never happy with the tune. I was also getting very poor gas mileage. (30mpg). Finally, I took matters into my own hands and installed the canned map for my modifications which include SE air and SE slipons, the 98B version that is not available in '07. I am very satisfied with the results. All the little glitches that I had are gone, gas mileage is up to 35mpg around town andclose to 40 on the highway. The bike does not run any hotter with the canned map. Oil temp is usually around 210 when cruising. The hottest I've seen it, when in traffic with the outside temp 90+, has been 230 degrees.
So, to answer your question, I would give it a try.

Old 07-14-2007 | 10:41 PM
gunrunner
|
Elite HDF Member

Yes my dealer has a good tuner just want something that will work till I get 1k on the new bike before getting it done.

Old 07-15-2007 | 12:37 AM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member

I am running a caned map on a SERT, and my buddy is running a canned map on a PCIII. Here are the 1/4 mile results, I was #52, he was #125

Both of us just got back from a 2,700 mile trip to the east coast, both bikes ran flawlessly. I don't plan to do a dyno run until after the bike gets the GMR 107" kit. BTW the bike has 11,500 miles on her, I added the SERT with the canned map right around 2,200 miles. You should have no problems running the correct canned map for your combination.

Old 07-15-2007 | 12:47 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Since the canned maps included with the SERT software are based exclusively on HD components (no maps specifically for Rinehart True Duals, Andrews cams, etc.), the tuner (you, in this case) needs to choose from the available maps the map that uses HD components (SE slip-ons, SE a/c for example) that most closely matche your aftermarket components.

Since you have slip-ons and a hi-flow a/c, you should be able to get very close with the canned maps.

After SERT tuning mybike(88", SE A/C, Rinehart TD's, and HQ-0034 cams), I took it to my dealer's dyno to have the a/f at cruise checked and several pulls done--primarily just to confirm the a/f was good--worth the $50 it cost.

Old 07-15-2007 | 08:45 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

i use a canned map on my WG with SE installed components and the bike runs great. good performance and fuel mileage.

I started with a canned map that was close to what i had installed in non-HD parts (AC & slip-ons) on my UC. Ran fair, but was still too lean. took this bike down and had it dyno'd with a custom map built (which in this case one needs to ensure you get a copy). It runs great. no hesistation, great performance and decent fuel mileage.

Old 07-15-2007 | 08:50 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

Yes my dealer has a good tuner just want something that will work till I get 1k on the new bike before getting it done.
Then you'll be a happy camper. Good tuners for a SERT are a dying breed and unfortunately I wasn't able to locate one within a 300 mile radius.

Old 07-15-2007 | 09:16 AM
gunrunner
|
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 04harleyboy

I am running a caned map on a SERT, and my buddy is running a canned map on a PCIII. Here are the 1/4 mile results, I was #52, he was #125

Both of us just got back from a 2,700 mile trip to the east coast, both bikes ran flawlessly. I don't plan to do a dyno run until after the bike gets the GMR 107" kit. BTW the bike has 11,500 miles on her, I added the SERT with the canned map right around 2,200 miles. You should have no problems running the correct canned map for your combination.
What parts and which map were you using?

Old 07-15-2007 | 09:39 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic
unfortunately I wasn't able to locate one within a 300 mile radius.
Feel like a little road trip? One of the best SERT tuners in the country is just outside Atlanta ~ Pirateeye (Kevin). If you really want it tuned right and to max potential, he's your guy!

We stopped by & met him, (and Harleypingman) went for a ride, had dinner, and just had a blast talking bikes! He's a GREAT guy and REALLY knows his ****. It would be worth the ride. I know HotPersuit went down (from PA) to see him for a tune this weekend. Can;t wait to hear how that worked out!

Quick Reply: SERT canned map question