Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT canned map question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007 | 04:05 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: SERT canned map question

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

ORIGINAL: 04harleyboy

I am running a caned map on a SERT, and my buddy is running a canned map on a PCIII. Here are the 1/4 mile results, I was #52, he was #125

Both of us just got back from a 2,700 mile trip to the east coast, both bikes ran flawlessly. I don't plan to do a dyno run until after the bike gets the GMR 107" kit. BTW the bike has 11,500 miles on her, I added the SERT with the canned map right around 2,200 miles. You should have no problems running the correct canned map for your combination.
What parts and which map were you using?
The Cal number is 78. 159PZ003-A0.MT6 This cal is for these components: 25 deg injectors p/n 27709-06
SE Aircleaner and breather kit
Race Exhaust
I am running a MoFlo Aircleaner with a K&N element and the breather kit, stock injectors, and T-Rex true dual exhaust. The tune is on the slightly rich side, and I could see better performance and gas mileage with a dyno tune, but it is close enough for now

Old 07-15-2007 | 04:37 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: PhilM

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic
unfortunately I wasn't able to locate one within a 300 mile radius.
Feel like a little road trip? One of the best SERT tuners in the country is just outside Atlanta ~ Pirateeye (Kevin). If you really want it tuned right and to max potential, he's your guy!

We stopped by & met him, (and Harleypingman) went for a ride, had dinner, and just had a blast talking bikes! He's a GREAT guy and REALLY knows his ****. It would be worth the ride. I know HotPersuit went down (from PA) to see him for a tune this weekend. Can;t wait to hear how that worked out!
Wow! I had no idea Pirateeye was a tuner. Definitely good to know. As for now, the TMax is jam up and the scoot is running like a scalded ape. However, I did keep my SERT/ECM just in case. Thanks for the info Phil.

Old 07-15-2007 | 04:47 PM
relli
Road Warrior

ive never done anything likwe this before guys. want the HD sound / be able to hear the radio and not have any driveability issues due to aftermarket items. so i need hi flo air filter and mufflers?? right?? surely i can do those myself -my mech skills are medium id say--but have no idea what serts/tfi's ect... are or what thye do OR if im qualified to install one. suggestions? parts/brand namesect>>> try it myself or dealer(shudder)

what happens if i do mufflers and the hi flo af and not the electronics??

Old 07-15-2007 | 04:53 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: relli

ive never done anything likwe this before guys. want the HD sound / be able to hear the radio and not have any driveability issues due to aftermarket items. so i need hi flo air filter and mufflers?? right?? surely i can do those myself -my mech skills are medium id say--but have no idea what serts/tfi's ect... are or what thye do OR if im qualified to install one. suggestions? parts/brand namesect>>> try it myself or dealer(shudder)

what happens if i do mufflers and the hi flo af and not the electronics??
A Stage I(mufflers and/or pipes, Aircleaner, and fuel management system of choice) are really a piece of cake to install yourself. If you can read and ask questions, you can do this.

Study and ask people you trust on suggestions for each of the aforementioned components and build it yourself. Alot of the fuel management choices require a computer to install base maps, which again, if you have access to one...............git er dun!

Post if you need any help.

Old 07-15-2007 | 04:56 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep, plenty of help on this forum!

Old 07-15-2007 | 08:19 PM
gunrunner
|
Elite HDF Member

Thanks, just installed the SE Performance pipes and ness big sucker my son came by and we loaded the new SERT in with map 78, its about the only map on the cd that is close. Bike ran good on a short trip up the street, hope tpo get to check it out more soon, thanks for the replys. Phil where abouts near atlanta is the tuner you named?