Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm still undecided on slip ons, advice wanted please.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2019 | 02:09 PM
snerkler
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by wolverinehusky
Got it. I can only go from personal experience, but yea, IMHO the SE slip-ons need some wear before they start sounding pretty good. Could just be placebo on my part, but they sounded better after putting on some miles, but I ride basically everyday weather permitting.

CFR: https://www.cfrmotorcycles.com. Quality product and most will tell you they are in the "loud" range when compared to others (I suspect some will say they are too loud). But I'm going this route eventually.
Thanks. I used to ride a lot more but health issues mean I can only ride for short periods, maybe an hour or two, and then I work full time too.

Im sure it’s not placebo, I heard this a number of times

Old 09-21-2019 | 06:19 AM
Ddieselsmoke
Tourer

With your cat still in the header pipe, any slip-on you get is not going to be obnoxiously loud. As a general rule, the larger diameter the deeper the tone. In your searches look at ones with quality finishes too.

The following users liked this post:
snerkler (09-21-2019)
Old 09-21-2019 | 06:25 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
snerkler (09-21-2019)
Old 09-21-2019 | 06:29 AM
Bonzo27524
Cruiser

I am running TAB Performance BAM Sticks with Zombie baffles on my 2018 SG Special-like the deep rumble and they look good too

-https://www.tabperformance.com/

The following 2 users liked this post by Bonzo27524:
deli (09-21-2019), snerkler (09-21-2019)
Old 09-21-2019 | 07:33 AM
snerkler
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ddieselsmoke
With your cat still in the header pipe, any slip-on you get is not going to be obnoxiously loud. As a general rule, the larger diameter the deeper the tone. In your searches look at ones with quality finishes too.
Thanks. that's why I've been looking at the Twin Slash, I really like the look on the bike, more so than others.

Originally Posted by Bonzo27524
I am running TAB Performance BAM Sticks with Zombie baffles on my 2018 SG Special-like the deep rumble and they look good too

-https://www.tabperformance.com/
I was tempted by the BAM sticks tbh. The Zombie baffles sound too loud for me, but with the smaller baffles I thought they may be OK.

I have just taken a punt on the V&H twin slash though tbh, I keep coming back to them and if I don't go for them I think I will always have that ****ling doubt in my mind.

Old 09-21-2019 | 10:21 AM
Kermie
Outstanding HDF Member

You will be happy with the V&H. The best thing to do is enjoy and not spend time wondering. This is an expensive hobby if you will.

snerkler (09-21-2019)
Old 09-21-2019 | 11:04 AM
snerkler
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Kermie
You will be happy with the V&H. The best thing to do is enjoy and not spend time wondering. This is an expensive hobby if you will.
Thanks. That’s kind of where I got with it, going round in circles wondering. I’m happy I’ve finally made a decision.

Old 09-21-2019 | 11:55 AM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member

I have the eliminator 400's on my '17 cvo ltd, and I can tell you they are not loud. In fact, I wish I had not gone with them, but the selection was much smaller for M8 bikes then. There are 3 I like, one is the V&H High output. I have heard them on a bike with no other changes, and they were good. I have also heard them on a bike with no other changes, but the baffles were removed, and they sounded better. Usually I'm not a fan of baffle removal, but these sounded really good. I also like the TAB Bamsticks with zombie baffles, but I really like the new Rinehart 450 Motopro. Those things sound killer.
I know all of this is subjective, but you asked.

Old 09-21-2019 | 12:00 PM
stroker87
Tourer

really cant give you advice on what to get but i can tell you the rinehart slip'ons have a weird sound when your on concrete or next to a concrete wall very tinny and annoying and i had a pair that had a internal rattle makes you insane, 2 bikes i used them on never again, some one mentioned CFR i have them on my 08 EG right now with rinehart head pipe and can tell you there not what your looking for! they are loud!!! but i think the best sounding out there my bike sounds like an American V8 almost rumble deep tone little crackle to them when you rev match down shift slowing down if you want to drown them out when cruising you need a good audio system but as some one said thats what a herley's about! when i first installed them i hated it to loud but i was to lazy to take them off right away and after 100 miles or so i fell in love it them so there not coming off any time soon

so in your case id stay away from rinehart and CFR

Old 09-21-2019 | 02:24 PM
slapshot12
Road Warrior

I have the V&H twin slash rounds and really like them. They’re exactly what I wanted, slightly louder, better sound, and better looking. If I ever change bikes, I’ll get them again.

snerkler (09-21-2019)

Quick Reply: I'm still undecided on slip ons, advice wanted please.