Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust for 2020 Road Glide Special

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2019 | 06:15 PM
Janet M
|
4th Gear
Post Best Exhaust for 2020 Road Glide Special

Hello HD,

On to my second post, I am sorry if this seems a little spammy, I just didn't want to combine two different questions into one thread in case anyone in the world of the internet wants to search the same thing I am looking for, keep it nice and clean.

We just bought a 2020 Road Glide Special, I didn't realize how quiet they were stock (that was shocking to me - first brand new Harley) we are looking into getting the exhaust done. We live in CA which has strict laws on the exhaust that can be on bikes. We are going to go with Slip-on's as most are approved (from what I have found) and we don't have to worry too much about tickets and whatnot.

Harley recommends that we go with Khrome Werks, which I believe is their exclusive brand. After watching a few videos on youtube (the very few I could find) the sound just didn't seem that great compared to other exhausts out there (no offense to anyone that has them).

During my research I have found these as what may be the top exhausts available:

Rinehart Touring 4” Slip-On Mufflers
Vance & Hines Twin Slash Slip-on Mufflers
Arlen Ness MagnaFlow Redline Slip-on Mufflers

They all sounded good to me from videos (no live demonstrations) however, the Rinehart Touring 4” Slip-On Mufflers stood out the most.

Does anyone have any feedback or recommendations? We want to do it right the first time, so we don't have to change it again.

*Disclaimer: New to the Harley/exhaust world, so may not understand complex ideas.

Old 09-19-2019 | 06:23 PM
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army

You're going to get a bazillion responses, so I'll start it off for you.

S&S MK45's are the best ----

next, lol

The following 3 users liked this post by 702:
blueknight99 (08-30-2020), MASONICRIDER (04-23-2020), ReDo (10-05-2019)
Old 09-19-2019 | 06:25 PM
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army

One more thing, since I've responded to both of your threads. You can tell when the Harley sales guys are not being 100% truthful. It's when their lips are moving.

The following users liked this post:
INJEKTER (09-24-2019)
Old 09-19-2019 | 06:26 PM
GreenMonster
Road Master

I was going back and forth between Rinehart and CFR. Stock header I went with CFR . Nice and deep.

Old 09-19-2019 | 06:31 PM
Janet M
|
4th Gear

LOL! I figured that to be true. @702

Old 09-19-2019 | 07:18 PM
2019RK
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Janet M
Hello HD,

On to my second post, I am sorry if this seems a little spammy, I just didn't want to combine two different questions into one thread in case anyone in the world of the internet wants to search the same thing I am looking for, keep it nice and clean.

We just bought a 2020 Road Glide Special, I didn't realize how quiet they were stock (that was shocking to me - first brand new Harley) we are looking into getting the exhaust done. We live in CA which has strict laws on the exhaust that can be on bikes. We are going to go with Slip-on's as most are approved (from what I have found) and we don't have to worry too much about tickets and whatnot.

Harley recommends that we go with Khrome Werks, which I believe is their exclusive brand. After watching a few videos on youtube (the very few I could find) the sound just didn't seem that great compared to other exhausts out there (no offense to anyone that has them).

During my research I have found these as what may be the top exhausts available:

Rinehart Touring 4” Slip-On Mufflers
Vance & Hines Twin Slash Slip-on Mufflers
Arlen Ness MagnaFlow Redline Slip-on Mufflers

They all sounded good to me from videos (no live demonstrations) however, the Rinehart Touring 4” Slip-On Mufflers stood out the most.

Does anyone have any feedback or recommendations? We want to do it right the first time, so we don't have to change it again.

*Disclaimer: New to the Harley/exhaust world, so may not understand complex ideas.
Hey Janet, just put the 4.5 inch Rinehart DBX45's on our 2019 Road King. Sounds amazing at idle and cruising speeds. No popping on decel so we didn't change the tune. Wont go back to stock for sure
Hope this helps
Charlie

Old 09-19-2019 | 09:38 PM
Dgigear
Advanced

Check out tab performance bam sticks. I just put the 4.5 diameter mufflers on my 2020 road glide limited.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dgigear:
Ddieselsmoke (09-21-2019), Lazz993 (09-23-2019)
Old 09-19-2019 | 09:40 PM
Ibmatt2u
Cruiser

2019 road king with fuel Moto street outlaws. All else stock. Sounds and runs great.

Old 09-19-2019 | 10:47 PM
SWFLGuy
Road Warrior

I am going with Khrome Werks. I heard them in person a couple days ago and they are impressive for slip ons.

bklynbob (09-25-2019)
Old 09-20-2019 | 06:22 AM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior

Be aware the M8 engine platform relies on substantial exhaust back pressure to keep low end, seat of pants torque feeling like that of stock , snappy, zippy throttle response. You’ll find many “louder” mufflers are open, large baffles. These sound great, but low end response is typically lost.
S&S Mk45, Fuelmoto Jackpot Street Outlaws, S&S Grand National touring are three mufflers with removable torque inserts designed to allow for customizable torque “feeling” at low/mid rpm. Many threads you can review. Others will chime in as well I’m sure.
V&H twin slash will lose low end, ask me how I know, lol...

Last edited by RK14SGS; 09-20-2019 at 06:23 AM.
Ddieselsmoke (09-21-2019)

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for 2020 Road Glide Special