Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust for 2020 Road Glide Special

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2019 | 03:10 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TI06
You may want to confirm with your dealer your warranty isn't voided changing to non Harley slip ons. I recently purchased a 2019 SGS and my service dept showed me a letter to sign that voids your warranty using non HD exhaust and tuning. I was told even slip ons were a no go.
thats bs that they would do that. there are several mfgs that are selling 50 state compliant slip ons. those should absolutely in no way have any adverse effect on your warranty. those 4'' rinehart slip ons are one of them. and they wonder why some call them 'stealerships'. smdh

*edit* so the jokers in the service department are having customers sign a bogus letter? your post above directly contradicts what you said earlier.

Last edited by skratch; 09-23-2019 at 03:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ddieselsmoke (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019 | 07:28 PM
Lazz993
Novice

I have the TAB on my 19' RGS and it sounds awesome!

Old 09-24-2019 | 08:18 AM
Kermie
Outstanding HDF Member

The warranty concern seems to be dealer dependent, with some saying no problem, and others taking the hardline. To the OP, talk to the dealer before doing anything. Another issue is if you are traveling far from home....these are "touring bikes" after-all, you don't want to be hung out to dry if another dealer denies you. Just my 2-cents.

Old 09-24-2019 | 08:30 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 702
You're going to get a bazillion responses, so I'll start it off for you.

S&S MK45's are the best ----

next, lol
could be true... thats what im running...

Old 09-24-2019 | 09:31 AM
TI06
Road Master

Originally Posted by skratch
thats bs that they would do that. there are several mfgs that are selling 50 state compliant slip ons. those should absolutely in no way have any adverse effect on your warranty. those 4'' rinehart slip ons are one of them. and they wonder why some call them 'stealerships'. smdh

*edit* so the jokers in the service department are having customers sign a bogus letter? your post above directly contradicts what you said earlier.
If it's bogus the joke is on me. It sure looked real. When I spoke with the manager yesterday he stated as long as you use the HD tuner I would be okay with them. They know I had a Power Vision on my last bike. He didn't specify 50 state compliant exhaust but I will find out. I am in Canada so maybe it's a Canada thing.

Old 09-24-2019 | 10:30 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member

If it's bogus the joke is on me. It sure looked real. When I spoke with the manager yesterday he stated as long as you use the HD tuner I would be okay with them. They know I had a Power Vision on my last bike. He didn't specify 50 state compliant exhaust but I will find out. I am in Canada so maybe it's a Canada thing.
Those type of letters are not bogus, when I had my 2017 SGS I checked with a dealer about installing a 21 inch front wheel. They produced a letter for me to sign stating that my warranty would be voided. I said this is a joke right....nope! They said since the street glide did not come from the factory with a 21 that the warranty had to be voided and I had to sign acknowledging it. That dealer did not get my signature or another penny of my money since. Bought a lift and put it on myself.

TI06 (09-24-2019)
Old 09-24-2019 | 10:37 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RK14SGS
Be aware the M8 engine platform relies on substantial exhaust back pressure to keep low end, seat of pants torque feeling like that of stock , snappy, zippy throttle response. You’ll find many “louder” mufflers are open, large baffles. These sound great, but low end response is typically lost.
S&S Mk45, Fuelmoto Jackpot Street Outlaws, S&S Grand National touring are three mufflers with removable torque inserts designed to allow for customizable torque “feeling” at low/mid rpm. Many threads you can review. Others will chime in as well I’m sure.
V&H twin slash will lose low end, ask me how I know, lol...
this! and why I stayed with the street cannons from HD, according to most dyno runs I've seen they retain or enhance the performance of the stock motor the best, are they obnoxiously loud? No and I'm really good with that, I'm long past the days of getting off my bike with my ears ringing for an hour.

Old 09-24-2019 | 10:43 AM
SWFLGuy
Road Warrior

My dealer is installing Khromewerks exhaust today. They said no warranty issues.

Old 09-24-2019 | 10:47 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FrankEV
I love the sound of these on my '19 SGS AND they slash the end tips the "correct" way to look good.

See, they just look correct to match the SB's
Cant you just flip the tips so they go anyway you want? every slip on with slash cuts i've ever had do that.

Ddieselsmoke (09-24-2019)
Old 09-24-2019 | 12:16 PM
Sparkee...
Road Master

I hear this a lot. It seems everybody is changing stuff and no issues with warranty. I just purchased my SGS a couple weeks ago so it's a new world in HD land now. This letter you sign off on is very real, they showed me in the service dept.
I can see this happening more and more. Dealers are independent, if Harley denies a claim they don't want to be on the hook for the cost of a repair. I would bet the dealer had to foot the bill on a large repair Harley claimed was caused by an upgrade they installed. My dealer told me they would stand by the warranty with any tuner for a stage 1 if they did the work. But I tour across the country where they couldn't guarantee other dealers would. I just can't see any problem with a complaint slip-on. Then when they tried to sell the extended warranties I turned it down since I will probably go stage 1 or 2 after the warranty is done.

On topic, I did like the Rush Big Louies, I and a slash down fan. Get the model for the stock header with the cat if you do not intend on gutting the cat. These were great around town but after the bike was parked all winter I found they were too loud for me for highway touring. I found Forsch Performance with the Angry baffle were more to my liking for touring. The Angry baffle give it a good rumble, it's loud on acceleration, and quiets down at cruising speeds. However it is not much louder than stock at idle, but that fine for me too. I was going to get the standard baffle but the Angry baffle will do the trick.

Ddieselsmoke (09-24-2019)

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for 2020 Road Glide Special