Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust for 2020 Road Glide Special

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2019 | 01:34 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

you've also got the choice of the Rinehart 4.5'' motopro slip ons to choose from as well.

you've actually got a lot of choices. unfortunately, youtube clips don't often do the sound justice. the good news is you live in ca. you should have no problem finding a bike night to look/listen for 'the' exhaust. just remember, you have to take into consideration whether or not the user still has the cat or if they got a new headpipe.

the even better news is that you don't have to rush into anything. take your time. you'll find the one.

Old 09-20-2019 | 01:40 PM
KennyPowerz
Novice

Rinehart 4.5" DBX are the new slip ons by Rinehart. I have them on my 2018 Roadglide Special and it is the best sounding M8 pipe that I have found. I have sold 20 sets of them at my dealership since I put them on my bike and people have been able to listen to them.

Last edited by KennyPowerz; 09-20-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-20-2019 | 02:04 PM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RK14SGS
Be aware the M8 engine platform relies on substantial exhaust back pressure to keep low end, seat of pants torque feeling like that of stock , snappy, zippy throttle response. You’ll find many “louder” mufflers are open, large baffles. These sound great, but low end response is typically lost.
S&S Mk45, Fuelmoto Jackpot Street Outlaws, S&S Grand National touring are three mufflers with removable torque inserts designed to allow for customizable torque “feeling” at low/mid rpm. Many threads you can review. Others will chime in as well I’m sure.
V&H twin slash will lose low end, ask me how I know, lol...
You got that right I've seen guys run different pipes on dyno,same bike just change slips and you can easily lose 10tq down low with a open baffles.

The following users liked this post:
Ibmatt2u (09-21-2019)
Old 09-20-2019 | 02:58 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

Originally Posted by 2019RK
Hey Janet, just put the 4.5 inch Rinehart DBX45's on our 2019 Road King. Sounds amazing at idle and cruising speeds. No popping on decel so we didn't change the tune. Wont go back to stock for sure
Hope this helps
Charlie
Originally Posted by KennyPowerz
Rinehart 4.5" DBX are the new slip ons by Rinehart. I have them on my 2018 Roadglide Special and it is the best sounding M8 pipe that I have found. I have sold 20 sets of them at my dealership since I put them on my bike and people have been able to listen to them.
another vote for the DBX 4.5

Old 09-20-2019 | 03:13 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by RK14SGS
Be aware the M8 engine platform relies on substantial exhaust back pressure to keep low end, seat of pants torque feeling like that of stock , snappy, zippy throttle response. You’ll find many “louder” mufflers are open, large baffles. These sound great, but low end response is typically lost.
S&S Mk45, Fuelmoto Jackpot Street Outlaws, S&S Grand National touring are three mufflers with removable torque inserts designed to allow for customizable torque “feeling” at low/mid rpm. Many threads you can review. Others will chime in as well I’m sure.
V&H twin slash will lose low end, ask me how I know, lol...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said. LOUD doesn't mean better performance on these M8s.

If you're going to all the trouble of replacing the mufflers, why not just stage one the bike with a decent full exhaust, air cleaner, and ECM program (ala V&H Fuel Pak)? Fuel Moto has researched M8 exhausts extensively. You should check out their website.

Last edited by Then Came Bronson; 09-20-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2019 | 08:04 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Get some used ones to get you by until your warranty is up. Then get a D & D Billet Cat, with a ghost pipe. Best decision you’ll ever make, trust me.

Last edited by Bafflingbs; 09-20-2019 at 08:12 PM.
blueknight99 (08-30-2020)
Old 09-20-2019 | 08:05 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
another vote for the DBX 4.5
Beautiful bike, by the way. Love them Road Kings

ThePaintPirate (09-23-2019)
Old 09-21-2019 | 02:25 AM
Mofo67
Stellar HDF Member

I’ve had Rinehart 4”, Fuel Moto Hi Rollers, SE Street Cannons, S&S MK 45s and S&S Grand Nationals. My favorite are the S&S MK45s nice deep sound with no highway drone. I can ride all day and ears not bother me. The S&S Grand Nationals are my second choice only difference is they are not as deep as the MK 45s. Also as mentioned above you can remove the DB reducers on the S&S mufflers to give you a little more sound.
FYI, if you are thinking about doing stage 1 or more look at the S&S full compliant exhaust with high flows cats in the mufflers and use the HD auto tuner. This is a great set up that will keep your warranty in place and give you additional performance and sound.
Enjoy your new bike..

Old 09-21-2019 | 03:13 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior

Mangnaflow Hitmans sound pretty good as well. And the newer SE offering sounds better than the old ones as well.

Old 09-21-2019 | 06:15 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by skid_pimp
Mangnaflow Hitmans sound pretty good.... .
I love the sound of these on my '19 SGS AND they slash the end tips the "correct" way to look good.

See, they just look correct to match the SB's

Last edited by FrankEV; 09-21-2019 at 06:21 AM.
skid_pimp (09-21-2019)

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for 2020 Road Glide Special